What would you choose?

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my fz6 fazer from 2007 is no more. I have had an accident and I need a new bike. So, what would you guys choose? There are some left over fz6's: a grey naked and a black, blue and orange fz6 fazer from 2010.
And offcourse there is the new fz8. Naked or faired.

The problem is that I liked my fz6. And I bought one week before the accident a new akrapovic exhaust. I ran 100km on it.... Talking about bad luck. But it isn't damaged so, that's why I'm thinking of taking one of those leftover fz6's

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Oh, and I don't want a fz1.(to expensive)
Oh, and the accident wasn't my fault.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I like having the fairing, so FZ6 with the salvaged akrapovic seems attractive. And is that an orange faired FZ6 you're saying they have? I would love that, especially in Belgium!

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally I like having the fairing, so FZ6 with the salvaged akrapovic seems attractive. And is that an orange faired FZ6 you're saying they have? I would love that, especially in Belgium!

It is indeed the orange faired fz6. And in Belgium it would look a bit strange. It has a high amount of: "Hup Holland". :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would definitely pick up another FZ6.. faired or naked.. that's up to you.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sold.

What were we talking about?

Well, you should do a trip to the Netherlands then. The women there do have one of the largest bra size's in the world over there. :)
Is this on topic? Because once they get me started talking about this particular subject....:D

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
why not try something different? Maybe this accident was your calling. Dont' get me wrong, I love my FZ6 (especially with Leo Vince), but what about the Street Triple? Ninja 1000?

Here's the bottom line. You were in an accident which was not your fault. Meaning that the other party have to pay for your bike and in addition for your back & neck pain, wink, wink ;). Therapy cost money you know! Get a good settlement and make yourself happy. Unless getting another FZ6 make you happy, then go for it.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, you should do a trip to the Netherlands then. The women there do have one of the largest bra size's in the world over there. :)
Is this on topic? Because once they get me started talking about this particular subject....:D

I'll be between Amsterdam and Bruges for 2 weeks in September with the wife and 2 yr old daughter. I will enjoy looking at the famous dutch mountains, but alas, I shall not be climbing any.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my FZ6 for 5 years and if it were to be destroyed tomorrow I would buy another slightly used 2008-2009 model in black.

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
haha what has this thread turned in to??? I'd love to keep it up *no pun intended*

sarigerme+%2817%29.jpg

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
I would choose the left over naked FZ6

I have an European naked FZ6 and I absolutely love it, to be completely honest I don't need anything else.

Cheers

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Still nobody that would take the fz8 over the fz6?

If I had new leftover FZ6's to choose from (cheap), and a "free" akrapovic waiting on me, and all the support and aftermarket parts out there available for the 6, plus I already knew I liked the bike, then yeah I'd probably save the money and take the 6. From what I have read about the 8, it's a little better, but not several $thousand better. But I would probably be happy with either.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I totalled my 07 a couple of years ago (not my fault and I only walked away with a small bruise on my hip). I thought of going with another bike but liked mine so much I ended up purchasing an 09. Nothing but a satisfied customer (thanks Yamaha).

The FZ8 is not as comfortable IMO. Plus I don't like how they did away with the undertail exhaust.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, some of us commute on our bikes for fun and to save fuel.

With fuel prices not likely to go down I don't think I could buy a motorcycle that got less fuel economy than my FZ6. I love getting 48 mpg commuting to work and having a blast doing it. :thumbup: