What's your favorite (transmission) gear?

What's your favorite gear?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a favorite gear? Mine is 2nd. I think I just have more fun in 2nd than any other gear. It's got lots of power, smoother than 1st, can get me going to a decent highway speed, I can even start from a dead stop in it. The higher gears are good too, but they don't have the get up and go as 2nd.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
2nd gear for sure! You can actually have alot of fun in 2nd gear without the risk of getting arrested. the fun zone in the higher gears are just too fast.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
By far 2nd is my favorite, mainly because of the roads I ride, the turns allow the bike to top out in 2nd right before having to brake so it's perfect, no need to shift!!!! It stays between 8k and 14k on those roads and 2nd is king!!!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Third for me, it's enough to get me going through the curves at the speed I want without being twitchy.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
SafetyThirdOrange.jpg

:D

I don't know if I would call it my favorite, but in town and in the twistys in the mountains I find myself riding in third most of the time.

Marc

Last edited:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanna change my vote. I was riding home from work tonight and really thought about this question, and wow, 2nd is so much more fun than 3rd!

GkS

Reaction score
Visit site
Depends on the route actually, but in the twisty, rocky mountain roads that I ride, for quick riding I have always found myself using 4th gear.

On 4th gear there, I have the power, I have the speed needed and I also have the time to react if something nasty happens....like once, there was a tree lying down across the road after a curve. With 80-85km/h the fazer can come to a complete stop really quick and easy.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
2nd to 3rd are mine, once you top out 3rd you have lost your license lol.
There is a hump back bridge where I ride on the way from work. If I time it right the front comes up in 2nd and hits the deck as I go into 3rd Yippee.

Nelly

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i like 3rd most. the bike doesnt sound so busy and still has the oomph to accelerate fast. i use higher gears (namely 7th!) just for cruising merrily.

D

Dave.TX

I chose 7th because I ride slab a lot, always looking for it. 6,000rpms at 75mph gets buzzy real quick. Found that after replacing the front sprocket with a 17T I can't cruise the hills in 6th as much anymore, have to drop it to 5th. 2nd and 3rd are still really fun, though. No disrespect to 1st or 4th.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I love second, it is just what I need in the mountains

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking, too. On the Dragon, I'm almost always in 2nd gear. It's the perfect gear for that road...lots of pull out of the corners and nearly no shifting. Just sit back and concentrate on your lines. :thumbup: