When your job makes you proud!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It depends on the configuration... Each airline can customize their plane the way they want... a third world airliner can fit 850 coach seats in the plane... but for more occidental airliners the more "standard" configuration can carry around 500ppl (in 3 different classes).

Airbus_A380_cross_section.svg

business class in the Emirates' plane:
200807-emirates-a380-business-Class-2.jpg

c*ckpit:

0,1020,426823,00.jpg
I wanna travel in the second picture class lol. One of my things to do before I die is to travel first class.
How the other half live.

Nelly

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
How many of these planes are going to be built?

Last I heard they had around 200 firm orders, but they'll sell more... you will see A380s all over the place soon (they had to modify Airports all around the world to accommodate it lol)... they've been flying for over a year now and they reached the millionth passenger already :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last I heard they had around 200 firm orders, but they'll sell more... you will see A380s all over the place soon (they had to modify Airports all around the world to accommodate it lol)... they've been flying for over a year now and they reached the millionth passenger already :)

Yup, here in Vegas they already repaved the main runways 25R & 25L to accomodate the weight of the A380. They are currently working on the new International Terminal.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gimme a lap dance and a happy ending and I'll pay for 1st class. :D

Great work David!!!

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
i work for a police department so i am made proud quite often. and on the flip side sometimes i am disgusted at the limitations that the law places on us at times.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
just got back from Germany where we wrapped up another program... the Helicopter flew for the first time while we were there... seeing it take off gave me chills (the -4F temperature helped a little too lol):

Proto Helicopter # 2... we had the chance to see our equipment on it (big black box in the back of the open compartment) and to get on it...

4332261071_314ac42a04_b.jpg

2 days later, the first flight in VERY cold german weather:

4333002424_5da2c4a4be_b.jpg

4332998008_41a6ec232c_b.jpg

oxfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I work as a contractor for the MOD, its my job to repair any breakdowns that occur to forklift trucks, that prevent them from loading anything from clothing to weapons to field hospitals and food that are being shipped out to the front line in Afghanistan and around the world. It makes me proud that when i repair a breakdown our soldiers will be getting what they need on time when they need it.

Good thread, good reading thanks, Jason

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep rich peoples Cadillacs running perfectly and rattle free LOL i reckon i'm proud of that.....wish i had a part in building planes like you!!! thats super COOL!! :rockon:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats..it must feel great to be a part of something so important. :thumbup:

In my old job i participated in manufacturing low voltage heating elements on the o2 bottles on Richard Bransons first Balloon flight ............if i recall that first flight had to be aborted :confused:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If i had anything to do with Aircraft manufacturing i'd be damn proud of myself aswell :thumbup:...... She is a great looking bird , cant wait to see her in Oz next year at the International Airshow like they are hoping to do :rockon:....... Also liked seeing our new A330 MRTT behind the dude being interviewed :D , cant wait till that gets here so i can photograph our 'Pigs' tanking off her :thumbup: