Where did you put your ballast?

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Have some HID installed and love them! I had the wires in a bad spot when I first did them and they were getting pulled on and lost connection with the relay. Got a new relay and moved the wires. Nothing is pulling on them but after a few months it is losing connection again. I have it on the inside of the right fairing. Where are ya'll putting the relay where it is not causing it to lose connection?
Thanks!

Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Under the tank, beside the air box, inside the frame. The alu frame is empty inside. I did a naked conversion so hiding the balast was even more important.

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
It will work when I first hook up the relay but if I move it just the wrong way one of the lights will go out. I'm wondering if a wire isn't loose on one of the pins

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
2e60d470fc3b8935a5c10edc88b562e1.jpg

48405d2cefb358abbaa49dc1d156143c.jpg

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
To the OP:

Similar to what ozgurakman has done, I've got my ballasts inside the fairing on my 2006 Fz6. There's plenty of room in there for them, 1 on each side.

I mounted them to a thin piece of Hvac aluminum cut to size and mounted into 2 of the fairing screws that hold the boomerang fairing pieces on.

I use some double stick tape to dampen vibration and they are secured by cable ties

ozgurakman - sir, please tell me where you got that 12 volt junction block. I need a better solution than what I have right now for positive lead wires. I am currently using a trailer wire plug (1 positive lead in and 3 positive leads out)

IAMJUSTIFYD

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Where did you put your relay?

I'm just realizing I had posted ballast but I meant to put the relay, the ballasts are fine. I must have needed some coffee....