Where do you keep your gun???

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Hay, check this out...

That's not mine, it's just a photo I found...

Why is the weapon so conveniently located near the throttle? Is it there for in case of an emergency? Does anyone ever get in a situation where they have to pull a gun out quickly on their motorcycle? :spank:

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
Why is the weapon so conveniently located near the throttle? Is it there for in case of an emergency? Does anyone ever get in a situation where they have to pull a gun out quickly on their motorcycle? :spank:

I think its just a joke.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

In case you go down and the lean angle sensor doesn't work, you can draw the gun and shoot the motor...You know kinda like your horse, when it breaks a leg....So long, "Ol Betsy!" :eek:.....I just can bring my self to do it :(.... Mikey, you'll have to do it for me.....:confused:

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad I dont live in the US... I dont have to worry about where to keep my gun as the nanny state here has decreed that we are not stable enough here to own a handgun at all, a hunting rifle if you own a County and have shooting rights or a shotgun as long as it isnt automatic or if it is - like mine- you have to have it restricted to two in the magazine and one up the spout.

Oh- you are allowed to have an air gun as long as it isnt too powerful.... we are not even allowed to carry a knife anymore

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
That would actually be fully LEGAL in my state! As long as the weapon is out in the open you do not even need a concealed weapons permit (which I have). Unfortunately too many people would call the cops on you and it would attract unnecessary attention, even if they had to let you go after you were pulled over for it.

My Sig .40S&W rides comfortably in a synthetic holster inside my tank bag. :thumbup:

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK we have a military motorcycle made by Harley Davidson of all people. Here is a picture with a rifle mount on it.

View attachment 34310

Been a long time since I've seen one of those! I think it's an MX or MT-500... or some sort of Harley Alphabet name. The engine is a Rotax. In fact I remember the last time I saw one. It was at a HD dealer in the Pocono's December 1999. I believe the bike was 5+ years old and still brand new! It didn't have a gun mount... well noting that could be used to shot from but it had a case for a rifle. I bet somewhere you can still buy a N.O.S. bike. LOL!

Last edited:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Been a long time since I've seen one of those! I think it's an MX or MT-500... or some sort of Harley Alphabet name. The engine is a Rotax. In fact I remember the last time I saw one. It was at a HD dealer in the Pocono's December 1999. I believe the bike was 5+ years old and still brand new! It didn't have a gun mount... well noting that could be used to shot from but it had a case for a rifle. I bet somewhere you can still buy a N.O.S. bike. LOL!

Yes it's an MT-500:thumbup:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
In case you go down and the lean angle sensor doesn't work, you can draw the gun and shoot the motor...You know kinda like your horse, when it breaks a leg....So long, "Ol Betsy!" :eek:.....I just can bring my self to do it :(.... Mikey, you'll have to do it for me.....:confused:

If the SV was still purring, I dont think I could do it either..:BLAA:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it appears to be a 4wheeler, I think this would be if you were in the woods and needed to draw quick on an attacking animal, (ie bear) something funny yes, but i have often wondered what i would do in the woods if i came across bears on my 4wheeler... i think its a really good thing to put your mind at ease.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
I had to customize my mount for my Helmet controlled rocket launchers:BLAA:

DSC_2194edit.jpg