where to mount my GoPro?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I finally got my GoPro Hero 4 silver and the side mount, but where to mount it?

The side mount comes with a slightly curved sticky plate, I was thinking of mounting it just in front of the mirror on the top surface of the screen but how is that for vibrations? The advantage is I can tether it to the mirror stalk which makes it safe.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
John has experimented with different places to mount the GoPro....and so far, the top of the helmet has been the best for us. Yeah, so ya look goofy, I keep telling him it's the "norm" now!

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
my experience says don't bother! I used to ride this series of roads almost every day and never had a close call. took a friend with me one day that had a gopro. every sketchy thing under the sun happened. one close call after another! I'm not really superstitious, but seriously, it's bad luck!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have one on my helmet,
one on the front guard,
one on a headlight mount,
one on a side cover,
one above the number plate
and another on the radiator mount................think I have all the angles covered,lol

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
I mount my contour HD right under the headlight on that flat space, it records good it was the best angle on my 07 Fz6 and I use the same angle on my dirt bike CR250r (this one is on the actual front fender).

[video=youtube_share;TUgfJBvcNRI]https://youtu.be/TUgfJBvcNRI[/video]

Jon

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
For all those who put the camera under the nose or on the nose of the headlight fairing, or any other place other than handle bar. I need to work on my vibrations through handlebar for the camera though.

How long does your camera battery last?
What if you wanted to charge on the go?
I usually use the USB/lighter charger mounted on my handlebar or use my 4000mAh Case Logic powerbank (keep this PB in my tank bag) or If I've mounted my camera on my helmet (right on top/center), put the powerbank in my jacket inner pocket or my waist/belt bag.
And mount my LV-Remote on the handlebar clamp, to monitor whether the recording is On/Off or if i want to control my camera.

What if you stopped for a quick stop or wanted to start from that moment as a new video? How do you access it easily?
For instance,
We have good roads in NC and Vir, so I ride 2 hours to the destination, but the actual ride is 10 miles or something like that, so, I end the video there and start it again, and once I'm done with the twisties, I'll do the same, so, you don't need to cut the video and lose quality at post editing,

Another advantage I found with handlebar mount is that, it cuts some noise which is caused by the wind at high speeds with the help of windscreen.

bcmaxx

Reaction score
Visit site

I mounted mine to the nose with the 3m sticky mount. Used the safety cable to one of the windscreen screws just in case. Mines setup to turn on and begin recording with key on and auto shutoff when keys off. I have it set to record for 4 hours then i wipe it. But you can setup on loop so you dont have to touch it

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm mounting mine on the handlebars and/or with the suction mount on the tank.

I've only video'd from the handlebars so far, and I found that I need a longer arm to center the shot when the mount is next to the clutch. The windscreen is a mess -- I realized I can barely see through it with the GoPro, so I'm probably gonna drop $50 to get a new one.

I have the suction mount too and am putting together a vinyl coated steel safety tether. I'm having trouble finding the vinyl coated 1/16 steel rope though. I don't intend to try the suction mount until I have that safety tether.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Garmin 1390 LMT with suction mount on the tank and I noticed, when using suction mount, I add some water and use the clip (marked in red from the image) and pump out the air few times. Please let me know if anyone has a better idea, thanks.
IMG_8276.png