ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Home | About Us | Contacts | Help | Feedback |

SEARCH
Global | Australia | NSW | Vic. | Qld | WA | SA | Tas. | ACT | NT | Ant. |

Weather & Warnings | Hydrology | Climate | Numerical Prediction | About Services | Learn About Meteorology | Registered User Services |

See Weather Words or the Glossary to find out what the weather terms mean.

Check the latest weather warnings.

IDN10064
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales

SYDNEY FORECAST

Issued at 4:15 pm EST on Wednesday 5 August 2009

Warning Summary at issue time:
Nil. Refer to Home Page - Bureau of Meteorology for latest information.

Forecast for Wednesday evening
Fine. Light westerly winds.
Precis: Fine.

Forecast for Thursday
Fine. High cloud. Light to moderate west to northwest winds tending northeasterly near the coast during the afternoon.
Precis: Fine. High cloud.

City: Min: 8 Max: 20 Parramatta: Min: 5 Max: 21
Terrey Hills: Min: 6 Max: 19 Penrith: Min: 3 Max: 21
Liverpool: Min: 2 Max: 21 Richmond: Min: 1 Max: 21

UV Alert: Nil , UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Friday Mostly fine. Windy. Cloudy periods.

City: Min: 10 Max: 22
West: Min: 4 Max: 23

Saturday Fine. Mostly sunny.

City: Min: 9 Max: 17
West: Min: 3 Max: 17

Sunday Fine. Mostly sunny.

City: Min: 8 Max: 18
West: Min: 2 Max: 19

Monday Mostly fine.

City: Min: 10 Max: 19
West: Min: 5 Max: 19

Tuesday Mostly fine.

City: Min: 10 Max: 20
West: Min: 5 Max: 21

Wednesday Mostly fine.

City: Min: 8 Max: 21
West: Min: 3 Max: 22

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:30 am EST Thursday

What does " Fine, Mostly Sunny mean?" Or "Mostly fine". :D:cheer::D

What does that number in the 20's next to "Max" mean?....lol.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that was a mouthful....am guessing you rang me to tell me our accomodation is confirmed, freakin phone running out of juice....

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well that was a mouthful....am guessing you rang me to tell me our accomodation is confirmed, freakin phone running out of juice....

Booked in. Trailer emptied, and wheel rails adjusted for 180's and 120's.

Still need to sort the Round peg in the square hole trailer plug problem though (unless you've got an adaptor) and a ramp to get on the trailer.....shouldn't be too much of a drama.

Oh, And did I mention that the weather looks to be OK?...lol:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Booked in. Trailer emptied, and wheel rails adjusted for 180's and 120's.

Still need to sort the Round peg in the square hole trailer plug problem though (unless you've got an adaptor) and a ramp to get on the trailer.....shouldn't be too much of a drama.

Oh, And did I mention that the weather looks to be OK?...lol:D

Ok, have adapter! :rockon:

As for a ramp, might just go buy one....cheap at Bunnings right now...will need one later anyway.....Also thinking of buying a couple of those rear wheel clamp, tie down thingo's, that dont compress your suspension, while bike is on trailer....15 hours tied down, with suspension compressed, cant be good for our shocks....

And i am wondering whether i should pack a spare set of wheels with those awfully sticky Qualifier RR's hanging off them...just in case we get a flat, or wear out a tyre or two....

:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, have adapter! :rockon:

As for a ramp, might just go buy one....cheap at Bunnings right now...will need one later anyway.....Also thinking of buying a couple of those rear wheel clamp, tie down thingo's, that dont compress your suspension, while bike is on trailer....15 hours tied down, with suspension compressed, cant be good for our shocks....

And i am wondering whether i should pack a spare set of wheels with those awfully sticky Qualifier RR's hanging off them...just in case we get a flat, or wear out a tyre or two....

:D

There'll be loads of room in the trailer for that sort of thing if you're so inclined:thumbup:.

As for the tie down dohickeys....Dunno if I've really seen them. I'll have a decko and see if i can find one to look at.:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If we're gonna use those things, I'll have to move the rails around to put the bikes in backwards. There is only one floor tiedown point inside the trailer....or put in a ringbolt at the back....probably easier:thumbup:.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Wolfy. Cant make it to EC :( Bloody work.

Have a good one mate :thumbup: I cant wait to hear your report after the weekend.
EC then a trip up the putty. You have done well :thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guess it's time to pack. Cameras, gear, batteries and chargers. Then the optional stuff like, normal clothes and underwear:eek:...lol.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the Sydney trip is done and dusted. Back at home now (have been home a while catching up) and pretty happy with the trip except for one part:thumbup:.

The Accomodation was great and in a top location as well. Sort of between Eastern Creek and The Blue Mountains:rockon:.

Got to meet Benjie, but unfortunately Dunno couldn't get away at short notice:(.

Eastern Creek looks like a fun track to ride. Saw some great racing and met Amy O'mara:thumbup:.

Enjoyed some great food in a fantastic "pub", and was generally shocked at how much it had all changed since I lived there nearly 20 years ago:eek:.

Had a ball on Putty Road and managed to get some vid:rockon:.

Had a great lunch at Wolombi at the pub, and from there on the trip took a turn for the worse.

I Broke my bike:(

I came through a corner a little 'hot' (left hander) and so ended up towards the centre line and then saw a 4WD coming my way, slightly in my lane (the road was very narrow with no lines), he headed back towards his lane but there was no way I was going to miss him.

I tucked my foot under the seat between the hugger and exhaust as far as I could and got as much lean as I could just before impact.

I hit pretty hard and as the bike stood up on impact I pulled my hand off the right hand grip so as not to lose any fingers when the bar end hit, and lent my head over the tray of the 4WD ute so I could push my torso away. I hit his rear wheel pretty much.

I managed to stay on the bike and coasted away down the road. I went to put my foot on the peg and apply the rear brake and had a bit of a moment when I couldn't touch the peg. I wasn't sure if I'd lost my foot or not. After taking some breaths I had a look and phew...foot still there:cheer:.

Unfortunately aside from my foot and leg, anything else from the frame slider down on the right side of my bike is pretty much gone (Benjie has some pics I believe)

A number of folks stopped to offer assistance and I am very grateful to the local inhabitants for their concern and assistance.

After parking my bike in a very nice gentleman's driveway, the real horror started. I had to ride pillion:eek::spank:.

While I am grateful for the lift, I hate riding pillion. I'm also grateful my pillioner has had so much experience carrying passengers.

We took the trailer back to the bike, picked it up, went back and packed and headed home.

I'd like to thank our tour guide Benjie for an excellent sporty ride and was very happy to meet him. Another top bloke. I got to speak to Dunno on the phone and he sounds like a top bloke too.

Well these things happen on bikes and if I hadn't been near the centre line I'd still have my blue bike. This is due to a lack of track knowledge basically.

Gear! My Berik boots (and some quick thinking) is why I don't seem to have any broken bones. The quick thinking more explains why i still have a lower leg.

The bike. I sheered off the front axle slider, ripped off the radiator hose, ripped off the pickup rotor cover (taking some of the crank case with it), mashed the frame slider into the side of the bike, cracked the frame, sheered off the right foot peg and mashed my rear brake lever under the peg mount.

My boot and the impact scuffed the side pod badly and the bar end and front brake lever are scratched.

I'm limping but not too bad and very sad to see the end of such a noble beast and reliable steed. Like losing an old friend.

Depending on finances I may or may not upgrade. FZ1 perhaps.

Thanks to those who helped make this a good weekend away, and it's just a shame to finish off on a slightly sour note, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Cheers
Mike

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well the Sydney trip is done and dusted. Back at home now (have been home a while catching up) and pretty happy with the trip except for one part:thumbup:.

The Accomodation was great and in a top location as well. Sort of between Eastern Creek and The Blue Mountains:rockon:.

Depending on finances I may or may not upgrade. FZ1 perhaps.

Thanks to those who helped make this a good weekend away, and it's just a shame to finish off on a slightly sour note, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Cheers
Mike

Gah! Mate, that sucks hard, glad to hear your ok! Your all covered by insurance aren't you? Crashing, not my favourite past time, you get to re-live every heart stopping moment in slow motion whenever you think about it...

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your all covered by insurance aren't you? Crashing, not my favourite past time, you get to re-live every heart stopping moment in slow motion whenever you think about it...

Yup. All good. As for reliving it, it's not such a big deal except first sighting. I only had about 10 metres to react and knew i was going to hit no matter what.

After that it was all the cold hard thinking of a detached brain doing what it needs to for survival...lol.

I'm pretty sure I did everything right from sighting to after impact so I'm pretty happy. I still have a leg mate...LMAO...woohoo!:cheer:

Cheers
Mike

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn Mikey, that sucks.

I'm pretty sure I did everything right from sighting to after impact so I'm pretty happy. I still have a leg mate

From your description, I don't think anyone could have done it better with such a short reaction time. Well done mate, I'm glad ya still got ya leg... (You're already short enough :spank: ).

We'll have to catch up and shoot the breeze.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Geeze mate ! I,m glad your ok ,bloody 4wd,:ban: the bloody things !

All that on your birthday too :(

Happy birthday anyway mate,even though it ended crappy .