Who's going to the Moto GP at PI this year?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i know the season is only just about to start, but are any of us Aussie Forum crew thinking of heading to PI for the Moto GP later this year?

I am going, got my accomodation sorted....big house with a few crew from Adelaide! Boys only trip!

Riding over, with luggage taken in a "support" van! WIN!

So, anyway, who else is going, thinking of going, or needs to be convinced to go???

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Convince me mate ;)

It's easy Mick, you get off the couch, get on your bike, ride for ages, fall off at the end, grab a beer, get pi$$ed, fall over again, sleep, get up, go to racing, grab a beer, get pi$$ed, fall over, sleep, repeat, for 3 days, then ride for a very long time!

Only eat greasy food, only talk about bikes, or how large ya tackle is, or isnt!, scratch your arse when you want, fart in the cab....loudly! drink the last beer, step in the left over curry on your way to the dunny at 3am, and call Rossi a poofter at every opportunity!

Sounds great dont it! :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's easy Mick, you get off the couch, get on your bike, ride for ages, fall off at the end, grab a beer, get pi$$ed, fall over again, sleep, get up, go to racing, grab a beer, get pi$$ed, fall over, sleep, repeat, for 3 days, then ride for a very long time!

Only eat greasy food, only talk about bikes, or how large ya tackle is, or isnt!, scratch your arse when you want, fart in the cab....loudly! drink the last beer, step in the left over curry on your way to the dunny at 3am, and call Rossi a poofter at every opportunity!

Sounds great dont it! :D

:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: Sounds like a slice of heaven !!! Count me in :D

Seriously I think I am heading down there this year coz its been to long since I saw MotoGP & the Island live :rockon: Due to just starting a new job though i'll probably fly down late friday night but will keep you informed :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof: Sounds like a slice of heaven !!! Count me in :D

Seriously I think I am heading down there this year coz its been to long since I saw MotoGP & the Island live :rockon: Due to just starting a new job though i'll probably fly down late friday night but will keep you informed :thumbup:

Yes, i have been to the Super's, every year for the last 6, but my last visit for the GP was back in 07, when Casey won his first Championship! It is definitely time to get back to the Island at Moto GP time this year....i be thinking that Casey should be just about ready to rack up World Championship no.3 by about the time the GP boys get to the Island!

Get on it Humpy...would love to destroy some brain cells with ya!

:rockon:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I'm seriously thinking I need to get to the Island this year for the... Stoner Farewell Tour.

Will have to check the leave-calendar at work to see if anyone else is away, seeing as I've lost my trip to Japan, might as well treat myself to watching Casey go round the Island for the last time.

:rockon:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When is it, how much will it cost me, do you get an opportunity to have a ride on the track (I know they offer this when racing's not on) and how many days do I need to have off?

Dead keen, depending on the above.

Cheers,
Rick

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope to be going, considering is the Boy's last race.

But it looks like I won't be. Something in the way again. Found out 2 weeks ago Bub #2 is on the way.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well it is confirmed, Me, Ozzieboy, Stumbles and another mate are all booked in for this Year's Moto GP....

Boys weekend, we be getting on the pi$$, and Cheering for Casey!

Grandstand seats on turn two...Doohan Pavillion! FTW!!!

Hope to see a few other Aussie Fizzers at the Bar!

Get on it peeps! This is your last chance to see the World's best Moto GP rider from Oz, since God himself....Mighty Mick Doohan!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, Wolfman, dead keen for a long ride (this commuting to North Adelaide is killing me!)

So, when is the trip planned, how many days do I need off, are you still planning to ride (with a support vehicle!) and what sort of funds do I need to have available for the trip? (oh yeah, what about accommodation?)

Cheers,
Rick

herbis

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Just booked some tickets to Melbourne to watch Casey in action live for the first/last time, looks like the island is booked up, probably have to stay in frankston.