Who's got Kawi Versys experience?

Fz6?

How is that 690?

woops. sorry i missed this post, and that i forgot that i read this thread to begin with.

the 690 has been sweet. i've done some offroading with it and i've been impressed. i was going through creeks, mud and hopping over logs! yeah i did drop the bike a few times, but whatever. :D i'm learning....and it's an easier bike to learn on too!

i haven't been riding as much as i want to, though.:spank: um...mostly because of the weather. hot enough to fry an egg, apparently. i can barely stand in my garage. when the weather cools a bit my friends and I are going to Hatfield-McCoy ohv park. i'll do a bit offroading until then.

i have 2,000miles on the bike so far. i need a new rear tire already. i've decided to hold back on the larger fuel tank. i'd rather be light and mean out there. if i wanted to be like the exxon valdez i'd get the GS Adventure. i'll just deal with more gas stops (i dont mind) and improvise where there isn't enough gas available (which is only a small percentage of the USA and Canada).

so that's it. i'm slowly getting my offroad skills up. i don't have any other major trips planned. i'd like to go to the Tennessee area and do the dragon and some offroading there. i may see my friend in FL and see what it's like to ride in that sugar sand (he has a bmw 450x). i was going to ride the pine barrens in nj, but it caught on fire.

i sold the fz6 a while back. i probably should have kept it, i could have used it for commuting and/or track days. everybody misses their first bike, i guess.

Last edited:
woops. sorry i missed this post, and that i forgot that i read this thread to begin with.

the 690 has been sweet. i've done some offroading with it and i've been impressed. i was going through creeks, mud and hopping over logs! yeah i did drop the bike a few times, but whatever. :D i'm learning....and it's an easier bike to learn on too!

i haven't been riding as much as i want to, though.:spank: um...mostly because of the weather. hot enough to fry an egg, apparently. i can barely stand in my garage. when the weather cools a bit my friends and I are going to Hatfield-McCoy ohv park. i'll do a bit offroading until then.

i have 2,000miles on the bike so far. i need a new rear tire already. i've decided to hold back on the larger fuel tank. i'd rather be light and mean out there. if i wanted to be like the exxon valdez i'd get the GS Adventure. i'll just deal with more gas stops (i dont mind) and improvise where there isn't enough gas available (which is only a small percentage of the USA and Canada).

so that's it. i'm slowly getting my offroad skills up. i don't have any other major trips planned. i'd like to go to the Tennessee area and do the dragon and some offroading there. i may see my friend in FL and see what it's like to ride in that sugar sand (he has a bmw 450x). i was going to ride the pine barrens in nj, but it caught on fire.

i sold the fz6 a while back. i probably should have kept it, i could have used it for commuting and/or track days. everybody misses their first bike, i guess.
Come down, I'll hit the Pine Barrens with you:BLAA:

Back