Why did you convert?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious if I'm the only one who converted NOT because I crashed my bike? Seems like that's the #1 reason why most do it.

My reasons:

1. Better air flow (no whistling and no buffeting).
2. I prefer the streetfighter look.
3. I am incapable of leaving well-enough alone :D

What were your reasons?

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't wreck, but after seeing Wavex's conversion before I upgraded I decided to convert because:

1. It looks awesome and tough
2. I hated the wind buffeting from the half fairing
3. It looked like a challenging conversion and I like a challenge

I will never look back. I love my naked! :rockon:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I would take the plastics off every 3 months or so to give the bike a thorough cleaning. I started noticing that as time went on there were more cracks and little bits breaking off so I decided to go for it, besides the streetfighter look is undeniably cool :thumbup:

In case you didn't see it the first time around here was when I first got hooked on the naked look: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/18025-i-saw-her-naked.html

Hollywood416

Reaction score
Visit site
I just always liked the bikes with least fairings the best so it was inevitable to strip the FZ completly from the begining.
Also as said above I just can't leave anything alone the want to have something different/unique and just to tinker drives me.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't wreck, but after seeing Wavex's conversion before I upgraded I decided to convert because:

THIS! :thumbup:

I remember when David converted his FZ6 and used the Buell headlight, I was fascinated by it. I told myself that if I ever wrecked and tore up the fairing, I'd convert. But as time went on, I kept getting the itch to convert until I just couldn't stand it anymore. Plus, once I found out how relatively inexpensive the Buell setup is, I just went for it.

IMO, the FZ6 is meant to be a naked bike. I'm fairly certain if they'd offered the FZ6N here in the states when I bought mine, I'd have gone for the naked over the faired. The way the tank arches up coming back from the triple just makes it look mean from the side and, I don't know...it's just meant to be naked!

Sure, I've still got the faring laying around, but I seriously doubt it would ever go back on, even if I were taking a long trip. I just love the way this thing feels now in the twisties, how well you can see without all that plastic in front of you.

Naked's the only way to go!

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to admit that Wavex's bike was a huge factor in my conversion. I was also influenced by CCHOUSEKY's Buell conversion and some others who have done it. The bike looks so much cooler w/o the fairing IMO, and the wind buffeting is also a lot less, too.

I also laid my bike over and had cracked/scratched the front fairing. :spank:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. I converted because I always thought the look of the fighter was pretty sweet especially when I saw wavex's bike. I didnt even think it was the same bike until I read into it. So one main reason was for cosmetics.

2. The wind from the windscreen that slices up into the helmet is gone. If you are worried about the wind on your chest, its not really a big deal, I use Icon armor anyway.

3. View, I love the view of the bike without the windscreen. It just feels like your vision increases around your surrounding area of the bike.

4. I dont recommend it for touring people. I usually only ride 2-5 hours max a day so its not too big of a deal.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I converted mine after I picked up a CB750 for my dad. After riding that for a couple months with no fairings and liking the no fairing look and feel I decided to see what the FZ6 would be like minus fairings. :thumbup:

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
less is more.

:

YES! Naked bikes are lighter and meaner looking. Also the high/wide bars of a fighter make urban/suburban riding easier and more fun. It's also a more freeing feeling to ride a naked bike...