Winter gloves

Sarz

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently I've been having to use my bike fairly early in the morning.. 5/6am. It's pretty cold and although Im wearing decent gear my finger tips are freezing after about 20 minutes if riding. I have hot grips on my bike but that's generally good for the palms of my hands. So I've been looking at buying another pair of gloves and the Spada Elite Black Gloves have been recommended, so was hoping maybe someone has these already and could give me there impression of them? Or, a different pair of gloves? :)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Held Goretex winter gloves, absolutely love them but my commute is only 20 minutes; fingers get a little cold but that's at 28F.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought some (exo2) heated gloves, but after trying them out over the weekend i'm not overly impressed. My fingers almost froze off riding over the cat and fiddle, and it was about 1C out.

I had to check when I get home that I'd wired them up properly (I had) :S

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Moved the thread to Safety Equipment.

Product Review forum is for when you are actually reviewing a product and can rate it etc :thumbup:

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
Held Freezer - very warm but bulky. I found them too bulky and bought the Held Everest gloves.

If you can cope with the size of them then the Freezers are excellent.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
I have these gloves Cycle Gear - CORTECH: Scarab Winter Leather Motorcycle Gloves, BLACK and heated grips, and hand guards. They combined they work great, my finger tips don't get cold like they did when I just had the gloves. My barkbusters hand guards will be shipped from twisted throttle friday. Right now I have Powermadd hand guards, they aren't bad, but they don't wrap around your hands.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried the winter Cortech Scarab Gloves, they look nice and are warm but the tip of your fingers will get cold eventually and they are a little bulky.
I just got a pair of Heated Carbon Gloves from first gear, I have not try them for longer than 10 minutes because it is to dangerous to go out with all the snow/ice on the roads but they seem to work great, at least on the garage and mi 10 minute ride. They are way more confortable and your whole hand will be warm.
I'm ataching a picture of each.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RiDE reviews are always worth a look. They have prevented me by

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ride Magazine/Product test pdfs/13 Jan09 WINTER GLOVES pt1.pdf

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/Ride Magazine/Product test pdfs/13 Jan09 WINTER GLOVES pt1.pdf

On a side note, the best waterproof winter glove. I have ever had are the one's I got from LIDL for 20 euro. Used in conjunction with a glove liner, my hands are fine on my 25 mile commute. I have been riding in -8C recently.

Sadly, I left the right hand glove in a Lady's car. She kindly gave me a lift in the really bad weather a few weeks ago. Her children go to my daughters school, and I have been stalking the school gates trying to see her to get it back.

I will defo get another pair when they go on sale again in March/April.

Nelly

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
IMO, good riding gloves which are waterproof and breathable. . .3 season gloves arre good to 40F. Below 40F, I like a gauntlet glove. For commuting, those stick on hot pads are a nice option because hands really don't make heat per say and bulking up will make you hot before giving warm hands.

Pondrat

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some nice leather Olympia waterproof winter gauntlet gloves but even with those, my hands get ice cold under 40deg over 20min. The best thing I've found to keep my hands toasty were these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A6N6YA]Amazon.com: DUCKS UNLIMITED HAND WARMERS BLACK: Automotive[/ame]

Do they look ridiculous? Yes.
Did they scare the poop out of me when one came loose at 80mph and slammed on the front break? Yes.
Are my hands warm at 30deg even with my summer gloves? YES!

And I've fixed that coming loose problem with a bit of strategically placed heavy duty velcro. This allows the best of both worlds - warm hands and thin/sensitive summer gloves for the fullest dexterity. And cheap too!

Josh1466

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a pair of these:
Olympia 6000 Mustang Gloves - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

and they work well for me. I rode to work yesterday with the temp. at about 38F. My hands stayed warm the whole way. Very comfy glove, very windproof and the long cuffs do a great job keeping the gap between the gloves and your sleeves covered. I can't speak to how waterproof these are, as I haven't had them in the rain yet. One other disclaimer: I do have V-strom handguards installed so I do have some additional wind protection for my hands. Before I got these gloves, my fingers would have been cold on that ride to work, and they weren't cold at all yesterday. All in all, I'm happy with my $20 buy.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have some Alpine star winter gloves that work decent when paired with heated grips, however i went to a shop and tried on some Gerbig heated gloves and i am in love! the new ones can even come with a rechargeable battery pack that lasts a few hours, so no need to even wire them in or be tied to only using them on one bike...

they are on my list once i get back riding