World Supers...Phillip Island, who's going?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok kiddies, The International Road Racing Season is almost upon us for 2009, and it gets started with round 1 of the World Superbikes at Phillip Island in the last weekend of February.

Have planned a rather extensive road trip to go myself, and my best buddy, and new forum tyro, Silverback is coming, as is the Mystery Pillion.

We are riding there from Adelaide via the Great Alpine Way, and most probably home via the Great Ocean Road.

Was wondering whether there are any other Aussie FZ6 forum members planning on going as well????

Would be great if there is a few others going...we could catch up and chew the fat!

:thumbup:

Arghhh!!! Another post full of happy people going to Phillip Island :(
There's a big thread at RidingSA too, they have about 8 people going, and 1 car to carry all their gear, hired a house over near the track.

I've got 2 weeks off starting this Friday, and have to go back to work the night of the Race :spank:

Hope you all have a wonderful time, soooo jealous now :(

:)

Hahahahaha... Love the new Avatar :thumbup:

Arghhh!!! Another post full of happy people going to Phillip Island :(
There's a big thread at RidingSA too, they have about 8 people going, and 1 car to carry all their gear, hired a house over near the track.

I've got 2 weeks off starting this Friday, and have to go back to work the night of the Race :spank:

Hope you all have a wonderful time, soooo jealous now :(

Have been looking for a car to carry gear...found one, but it was already full! Would be awesome if you could of come Dave....it's gonna be a blast, and i am not trying to rub it in....really i am not!

We have got VIP packages through the Y Club...cost a packet, but we get pit access, Pit Roof Viewing, Meals, etc, etc.

Cant Wait!

:rockon:

Arghhhh again!!!! I was looking at the VIP Package at Y Club yesterday, now thats the way to enjoy a few days at the track (if you're not racing, that is).

You better have that camera rolling buddy, so much that I wanna FEEL like I'm there when I see it :thumbup:

Pity about the timing of our shut-down, if it started a week later, I'd have been there :(

Arghhhh again!!!! I was looking at the VIP Package at Y Club yesterday, now thats the way to enjoy a few days at the track (if you're not racing, that is).

You better have that camera rolling buddy, so much that I wanna FEEL like I'm there when I see it :thumbup:

Pity about the timing of our shut-down, if it started a week later, I'd have been there :(

Dont worry Dave, will be taking 24gb of memory card...lots of video, lots of pictures, and a very big post telling you all about it when we get back... Mystery Pillion will be taking lots of on bike shots, to & from PI as well.

And yes, Air conditioned comfort is a good idea at PI..it's normally either stinking hot, or bloody freezing, being stuck out on the edge of Bass Straight like it is...might even capture a penguin while i am thee, and bring it back! :eek:

sounds like fun Wolfman! Just buy me a plane ticket and I'll be there!

just kidding.....make sure to share those pics (as we know you will)

but if you buy me a plane ticket I will come! :D

I'm So EXCITED, I could wet myself....The Island is the most beautiful track on the planet, and the Supers atmosphere is better than Moto G.P I reckon...Just MY opinion, and you know what they say about that....Their like A**holes, everyone's got one

I would love to go but the damn thing clashes so close to the Airshow down there :(.....Guess i'll have to wait till the FZ6 cup arrives in QLD :Flip: to see some awesome bike racing :D......I good opertunity to see Jamie & Daniel Stauffer kick ar$e again i'd say :cheer: :thumbup:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIHJJFxJRB0"]YouTube - Yamaha R1 "All of the Above"[/ame]

*Stumbles sits in the corner and sulks ... sniff*

Wish I could come :(

Humps, love that Yammy ad, saw it on tv during the replays of the MotoGP season on Fox... Especially the bit where one of the Stauffer's is power-sliding out of the final turn at the Island... Fantastic

Humps, love that Yammy ad, saw it on tv during the replays of the MotoGP season on Fox... Especially the bit where one of the Stauffer's is power-sliding out of the final turn at the Island... Fantastic

Isnt it the best !!!!!! Aussies do it sideways like no other :D :rockon: :rockon:

Sooooooooo........who else is going to the World Superes at the Island? Anyone?

I wish !

A mate of mine asks me every year,but work always stops me and he has a standing booking of a 6 bed house too :(

But this year on the Sunday he will be on the boat to Tassie,now I,m doubly pissed ,lol

I wish !

A mate of mine asks me every year,but work always stops me and he has a standing booking of a 6 bed house too :(

But this year on the Sunday he will be on the boat to Tassie,now I,m doubly pissed ,lol

It's a pity no-one else can come from Adelaide...the Accomodation i have booked, has a spare bed, just waiting for a 4th person to tag along for the trip!

Work Sucks!:spank:

:thumbup:

If all these people would stop drinking spring water in the summer I would be there ,no wait then I would be out of a job............oh the paradox !

:(:(:(Nope. I won't be going. I'll be back here keeping the roads smoothly coated with my rubber:thumbup:.

Mikey, we expect nothing less from you! You are a one man army in terms of riding the wheels off your trusty steed on an incredibly regular basis....what is it so far this year....7000Km's, 8000km's already??? And the year is only 6 weeks old!!!!

Would still love to have you along though....maybe for the Moto GP later in the year???

Back