Worst night ever. Lost my best friend. My dog.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirk,
Very sad to hear of your loss. Our family sends lots of love your way!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear about this bro. Not everyone really understands the bonds between man and beast, and often discount the reservoir of loyalty and love a dog can be.

Shame about how so much of the stuff we have in our society today is actually toxic chemicals (a problem compounded by improper disposal).

RIP doggie

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirk, there's not much more I can say that the others haven't....so I'll just send you a :hug:

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirk, It breaks my heart to hear of your loss.. So sudden and unexpected.. I have two dogs, Sam and Molly, they are my kids.. I cant imagine how much you must miss your trusted friend now......

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
We laid our baby girl to rest today on the hilltop of my grandparent's land in Illinois. She is in good company. My first dog Daisy is up there with her and Dutchess the family's dog is down the hill from her. We found a stone with a cross already carved into it and my dad sunk it flush with the ground. The view from the hill is a staple of my childhood as it overlooks my childhood home where my parents still live. I am still tore up but I can tell the healing has begun.

My dad and brother dug her grave as I held her. I placed a quilt in the hole and placed her on it with a tshirt I wore last night under her chin. We wrapped her in the quilt then gave her back to the earth.

Saying her name brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat but I can look at pictures and videos now without breaking down.

So long my faithful friend.

attachment.php

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry for your loss Dirk. We went through the same thing about a year ago, it's a tough time. Our thoughts are with you, Cammi was a wonderful friend. Maybe gone.. But never forgotten.

R.I.P. Cammi.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
So Sorry to hear...

Every time I hear about someone losing a pup, I start remembering the best moments with all of my fallen, I hope you get the same when the scar starts to form...

Hang in

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
My heart goes out to you Dirk. Losing a pet is very painful, especially to the acts of man. I lost my beloved Zakk 8 years ago when I was around 13 due to my neighbours poisoning him. It still hurts to think that he was taken too early, but the memories I have of him will always be in my heart. Remember Cammi for everything she had done and how she made your life special.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. It is now very painful but remember all of the fun and joy she brought you.

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sorry to hear about Cammi any my thoughts are with you, I've learnt firsthand how quickly pets get into our hearts. When I first read your news yesterday, I burst into tears for your loss and because my own dog is for surgery with a broken leg. I was fearing everything...amputation, the end...but I'm glad to report now I've just heard the operation went well and she should be home to start a full recovery very soon.

Best wishes

Simon

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am a sensitive guy, but can't remember the last time I cried before this weekend. I have cried so much my throat is sore and I have a cough now. Cammi was my shadow. One thing I am glad about, I am off on mondays so that was always Cammi's day with me since Danielle works on monday. On Cammi's last monday, we spent the whole day together running errands and driving around. She loved car rides. I can't say any more now. This is my first Monday without her.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
We lost our dog about 6 months ago. My wife took it really badly and took some comfort from these words.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
that is beautiful, tex, but good grief it destroyed me reading it.

It is so hard because I expect her here subconsciously but then know she isn't. I am in bed and she should be next to me. That is her spot.

Sigh....

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
damn this sucks.. our dog turned 5 a couple of months ago, and sometimes when the weather outside sucks you think back of the days you didn't have him/her, and you could stay inside. But then he/she jumps up and decides its time to give you a lick, and you've already forgotten the cold..

Best thing to do could be get another dog, not a new dog, another one. Not to replace the one you lost, but to have someone to help you through the difficult times.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Best thing to do could be get another dog, not a new dog, another one. Not to replace the one you lost, but to have someone to help you through the difficult times.

I think you are right. Nothing will replace Cammi and she wouldn't want me to suffer either. It was amazing how she knew when I was sad or lonely or needing her. She really knew me.

I have been on petfinder this morning. To me, I feel if I adopt a new dog someone else rejected, I am honoring Cammi.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been on petfinder this morning. To me, I feel if I adopt a new dog someone else rejected, I am honoring Cammi.

That's what we did, but it took about 3 months to do it. We adopted a 10 wk old black lab/terrier from the local pound and she has fit in straight away. One thing I did notice was that I had obviously grown old with the old dog and with the new puppy I can't catch the little b&&ch when she runs off with my slipper of one of the kid's toys :)