frame2.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame4.jpg

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't feel like painting today, so I mounted the steering head and threw everything together.

Note the new Rizoma handlebar and bar ends. (and my sparkling toilet) :D

frame5.jpg

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing yet on the seat. Getting the bike together is priority. I decided against powder coating the thing because the lowest quote I got was $350 just for the main frame. I did find a paint color I can live with though.

I was just experimenting with my broken footpeg mount.
attachment.php

And here's the leather I want on the seat... (yes that's my truck)
DSC_1760s.jpg

King Ranch F-150?

My dad had a '05 F350 King Ranch 6.0 Turbo Diesel. Awesome interior!

MagicMANX

Reaction score
Visit site
Omg the paintjob is amazing, I
You got me thinking on doing some painting myself, I got a black '06 but it has a silver frame/engine, is there any problem on painting the engine?? If its water cooled I really dont think so... Right??

It'll be nice if she was "all black"... SEXY!! hahaha

GLAD you're ok, and that you are getting her back together ;) can't wait to see her back on her feet and ready to roll.

Cheers! And stay away from the rain, its way to dangerous!

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This project suddenly got more expensive. :(

I hooked up the gauge cluster and got this.

cluster.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got some work done on the engine. I checked my valve clearances since it was a prime opportunity and inspected everything else short of removing the head or oil pan. Everything internal is perfect.

The stator cover I shattered was a replacement due to the original getting scuffed up, so I stacked up a few layers of filler primer and eliminated the scratches on the old one so it's good as new.

I found some some engine paint with a color called "Cast Iron", and it matches the look of a bare engine block fresh from the machine shop. The darkness and sheen match the frame perfectly, it just lacks the color, so it should look interesting against the frame.

frame7.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha you painted the engine anyways, cant wait to see her back together ;)

I was afraid it was going to look bad with a silver motor, and I knew I wasn't going to pull it again since I have to strongarm that heavy mofo in place every time. I'm glad I did now.

frame8.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whew, I dodged a bullet. I got in a bidding war that reached $308 on ebay for a used speedo, and I randomly searched again before jumping my bid to $350, and found a "buy it now" for $160 on a slightly scratched one that even has a picture of it working.

BTW the replacement I got has 8,000 less miles than my original. Has anybody come up with a way to trick it into racking up the miles without running the bike?

[Edit]
Holy jeebus, Check out what PJ's just got in stock. I'm in love with those mirrors.

BS185Bx.jpg

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Brakes, cooling system, rearsets, chain finished. The dreaded wiring harness is underway.

The new fender, header, left side peg and speedo arrive this week, and hopefully the new headlight.

frame9.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With exception to the missing parts, it is alive! I cranked the starter just for fun once the wiring harness was finished.

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank, new front fender, side pods and tail have been dropped off at the body shop. Hopefully they'll be done this week. Given the cost, it'd better be a masterpiece.