WTB: Used Tire

slikfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda feel embarrased to ask, but I have no other immediate choice. I'm looking to BUY a used stock size rear tire. I just hit 13k on my original tire, and it's starting to show the inner layers. My FZ is my only means of transportation now. I'd be really grateful if you have one at a really good price!!

Thanks!!

Where is TJ/SD?

Do you know how to patch a tire?

Last time I patched a tire was when I was 13, bicycle tire that was. Is it the same principle or diferent?? Thanks!

I'm guessing Tijuana Mexico / San Diego, lets see if my geography degree pays off.

You sir are correct!! I live in Tijuana and work in San Diego.

I have a factory stock Dunlop with approx. 200 miles on it. Right at 200 miles I caught a screw in the tire and chose to replace it rather than have someone plug it.

It's yours if you want it as it's just taking up room in my garage. I'm in Escondido.

I have a factory stock Dunlop with approx. 200 miles on it. Right at 200 miles I caught a screw in the tire and chose to replace it rather than have someone plug it.

It's yours if you want it as it's just taking up room in my garage. I'm in Escondido.

Thank you sir!! I'm sending you a PM.

Cheers!

This is what I love about this forum! We all step in and help each other out. Rep sent, too bad I can only send one at a time.

so its not safe enough for person A but its safe enough for person B?

seems a bit odd.

ah well, to each his own...

seems a bit odd.

Should be fine. Hopefully it's only temporary, a patched tire is better than a tire showing inner layers i suppose. I don't really abuse my FZ, mainly for work and the occasional cruise. Maybe that's why the tire lasted so long, sissy, I know.

Cheers!!

seems a bit odd.

Not so much a safety issue. I kept the tire with the intention of plugging it and using it as a backup tire in case something worse happened to a current tire. For commuting and what not I would ride a plug; patched from the inside it's not uncommon for people to get full use out of a patched tire.

Here's pictures of the screw. It's centered and not on the side at all. I still had the dealer plates on the bike. :rolleyes:

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Oh ya, PM responded to. :thumbup:

Thanks Cmayer31!! Picked the tire up on Saturday, hope to have mounted this week. Just wanted to let you know that I assume full responsibility from the tires repair, so no worries for you. I do hope I can afford a new one sometime, ti'll then, it's just legal freeway speeds.

Cheers!!

Update! I had the tire repaired with a plug/patch from a bike shop in TJ. I wasn't really sure what it was until today. I've read in other forums that this repair pretty much retains the original speed rating of the tire. For the meantime I'll take it easy, but it should be a permanent fix.

I will post some pics tomorrow, thanks again Cmayer31!!!!

Did your old tire look anything like this? This is a stock BT-020 with about 13k miles on it...

3354769654_c7f4203dbc_b.jpg

3353948595_8f5fa81157_b.jpg

That is some smooth looking wear there!! My ex tire has more wear on it, it actually looks like the rubber was starting to peel from the inner carcass, something like that. It's funny how you get used to things, and until someones points out the problem, you swear everything is OK. It takes a bit of effort to lean when the tire starts to square off, when new and round, the bike just leans on it's own, happy happy!!!

Back