Yamaha Body Work for the FZ1

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my latest Cycle World magazine (July issue) and in the "Round Up" section is a picture of an FZ1 fitted with new body work being offered by Yamaha in the international red/white racing color scheme and graphics. The cost for the complete kit is $1600 and includes tank, fairing, front fender, tail section and striping kit (red) to add a pin strip on the wheels. It looks absolutely fantastic and I searched the article about five times looking to see if there was a mention about availability for the FZ6, but, there was none. CRAP! You have got to see it, though! It looks so right! I even considered trading in my FZ6 for a FZ1 just so I could buy the body work kit, but only for a second.

I just went to the FZ1OA site to see if there was any chatter about the kit and they say Yamaha is offering the kit ON SALE at $1100. That's a steal! The FZ1 guys sound a little cool to the kit too! I don't get it! I'd be raiding the piggy bank if it was an FZ6 kit. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else ahd seen this and thought it was a good looking as I did.

I'm too lazy to look it up...maybe throw a link in here and I'll to move my mouse over to it for a looksee:)

Thanks for the link CHUNKYGOAT! That's the kit and at $999 it's killing me! From the reactions I've read and now seeing it offered for $999, I must be one of the few that thinks it really looks good. Then again, I'm sort of a "retro" model myself at 54.

You're not the only one that thinks it looks good, and that's an amazing price!

Thanks for the link CHUNKYGOAT! That's the kit and at $999 it's killing me! From the reactions I've read and now seeing it offered for $999, I must be one of the few that thinks it really looks good. Then again, I'm sort of a "retro" model myself at 54.

No doubt, it was the first result from google searching "fz1 body kit"

It looks fantastic.

so if i'm not mistaken from the ebay link - the parts are all the same except you get a seat cowl.

if you really wanted to - couldn't you get that paint job done yourself? :) I know I'd try first for way less $$

thoughts?

I think it looks great, my background for a long time was a FJR1200 with a similar paint job. Only thing I don't like about it is the red front fender, I think it would look better white.

if you really wanted to - couldn't you get that paint job done yourself? :) I know I'd try first for way less $$

That's what I was thinking. I mean, if you really want it for the Fizzer, just buy a seat cowl and rim strips, take some pics into a body shop and have them paint your bits.
Hell, I'd go with that look and a naked conversion, that would look killer.

My experience is it would be a lot more money to try to reproduce what the factory is providing in this kit. Custom paint work adds up quickly and this would be a lot of detailed work. Plus, buying it from the factory ALMOST guarantees a flawless job.

Jeeze well another reason to get an FZ1. I jtsu wish they would throw the 06 r1 engine away and give it the 09 one for the next few years

Back