Yamaha Diesel Rumor

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm guessing the FZ silhouette is used for simplicity. I would think a bike with that type of motor would result in a unique profile for the necessary air flow, component placement and soot filter/catalyst package. I'm also thinking shaft drive is more likely than not.

All speculation on my part.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that is kinda cool. It could be run on used French Fry oil. Instead of hearing you coming, they'd smell you!

I bet the punch out of a corner would be pretty good too if the turbo can stay on boost. The plumbing looks similar to Fred's Beast but on the opposite side of the bike.

I got to ride a GPz750 Turbo on the track years ago and it was more than a handful. Big bike for one and when the boost finally hit it was like getting kicked in the ass. I found it very difficult to go fast in tighter sections of the track due to the turbo lag but once it hit the 1/2 mile straight at Firebird no one could touch me until the twisties, then they shot by.

View attachment 19235

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that thing looks EXACTLY like a FZ6 with a FZ1 fairing.

I am not sure how i feel about a diesel bike, but it is definately something i would love to try out.

GSBandit6

Reaction score
Visit site
Considering all that Audi and Peugeot has been able to do with diesels, I would definitely be interested in seeing what a motorcycle manufacturer could do. Not sure that I would buy one, but if they could get the better torque, similar power and 100mpg it would surely be worth a look.

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
I smell a rat.

It's a cool looking picture, but I think it's a hoax.

Fred

So do I.

Why didn't Yamaha announce it?
Secondly Diesel engines would not suit the amount of torque to be remotely capable of being competitive with most road bikes even if its turbo charged. Imagine the amount of unburnt fuel also spitting out the back.

The most efficient way I have seen to burn diesel fuel in engines is with the use of LPG. It allows the engine to burn the normally unburnt fuel with far less emissions. Yes another Australian invention.

If Yamaha do plan on bringing out a diesel engine they would have a massive hurdle to overcome. Emission laws. Which differ in every country.

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
I bet with a small variable geometry turbo, there would be next to no turbo lag.

Sounds very cool to me, but then again, I do diesel engine development...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this over on the Aprilia board. Needless to say I haven't looked it up.

EUROPEAN PATENT APPLICATION

Application number: 08022407.4

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That image is of a 2004-2006 FZ6 from the service manual, with stuff cheaply added to it.

You are correct. This is a bad edit of the image from the manual. If it isn't a hoax though... Hmmm..... Time to start saving the used cooking oil? ;)