Yes Virginia, there is a spring in Coloardo!

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah! Today was a perfect example of spring in Colorado, clear blue and 70! Starting from home in Denver, rode about 50 miles north to Horsetooth Reservoir. Got a bit lost and found some great twisties heading up into mountains. Roads were good, but still some sand in spots and had to be careful. On ride down, came across a group of four sport bikes. Yeah, know what they were up to.
Got back on track and headed west to Estes Park on highway 34. This is a somewhat heavily traveled road into Estes Park, but still fun. The closer I got to Estes Park, the more bikes I saw. Was beginning to think I had crossed the Wyoming border and was nearing Sturgis, heh.
Grabbed lunch in Sturgis, err, Estes Park, and parked next to a couple bikes. One guy had a BMW R 1200RT, the other had a practically brand new Ducati 1098 R, still in break-in period. Can you say red? Holy cow! Snapped a single pic at a stop just outside of Horsetooth Res. I'm regretting not getting a pic with the Duc.

denver_fz6-albums-pictures-picture2938-spring-09-sm.jpg

denver_fz6-albums-pictures-picture2938-spring-09-sm.html

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a beautiful day! Unfortunately, we ended up doing yard work today....But we did make it up to Woodland Park yesterday for lunch.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
You got the weather we had yesterday! Awesome day, glad you got a chance to enjoy it.
We're getting a storm move in right now, should drop about a foot in the mountains and 3" in town. It'll probably come you way too.... :(
Spring in the Mountain West, 70's and clear one day, 30's and snow the next.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Spring hasn't hit in Maryland yet, it was 28 when I rode home from work this morning.

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
You got the weather we had yesterday! Awesome day, glad you got a chance to enjoy it.
We're getting a storm move in right now, should drop about a foot in the mountains and 3" in town. It'll probably come you way too.... :(
Spring in the Mountain West, 70's and clear one day, 30's and snow the next.
Yep, it's here. Snowing in mountains and north and east of Denver, but just rain in town. Funny.
Streets actually aren't too bad at moment, but I'll take the truck and let the rain wash the mag-chlor away. Haven't had a good rain in months.