Your Rider Resume

tunelliner

mr-crash-alot
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm tuney
21. Been riding since I was 19. I am on my fourth bike, a K5 GSXR600. Quite glad I started on a Hornet 250 and progressed to SV650. I bought a FZ6 Cup race bike, had that for 4 months and sold it for a GSXR600 track hack.

In my 2 years (closer to 1 yr and a quarter on the road due to accidents and quitting road riding) riding I've clocked over 60k km. I'd say 50k of them were in the hills, doing some pretty dumb stuff.
I've done a total of 5 track days, and recording some decently quick times at the local track on a basically bog stock bike with street tyres. I want to see if I can run near Aussie superstock 600 times once I get my suspension revalved and running treaded DOT race tyres. I'm thinking of racing next year and see where it can take me. I really want to do the CSS to improve technique and laptimes. Slipping and sliding doesn't really phase me, but it doesn't feel natural to me because I started riding so late without a dirtbike experience. Unlike most people, I don't want to ride a 1000cc superbike until I can take a 600 to the absolute limit.

I'm still learning, and I guess I'm a younger rider so what I say probably wouldn't have much "credibility" lol.

pacemaker

Reaction score
Visit site
Not in the order I've owned them, but only way I can remember.
Hoping to round it out before the end of June.
Bridgestone 175
Bridgestone GT350
Honda CB250
Honda CB600
Yamaha XZ550 x 2
Yamaha XS400
Kawasaki Z650
Kawasaki GPZ750
Suzuki A100
Suzuki 200
Suzuki GSX400
Suzuki GS650
Suzuki GS500
Moto Morini 500 SEI
BMW R65
BMW K100RS
Moto Guzzi Monza 500
Moto Guzzi Lemans 1000

Aeon_Blue

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding ever since the end of high school. I graduated in 2005. So I've already got 5 years under my belt.

I started off just as anyone else would. I purchased my first motorcycle (EX250) and had to have it delivered to my house. The guy who delivered it explained nothing more than how to turn it on. Having not ridden in years (since I was like 8) I naturally waxed it on my NEW bike within 24 hours. The point is, I've learned through trial and error. I've learned through personal experience and misfortune. I hope my advice over the years will help experienced and new riders alike. I'm here to help.

I've done over 60,000 miles in total. I've traveled through extreme heat and in frigid temperatures when nobody else dares to ride. I've ridden through rain and high winds. I can easily do all these things without any problem. I put myself through this on purpose because I knew that someday the experience would help me to become a better rider.

I have owned numerous motorcycles: 2007 Ninja EX250, 2007 Suzuki SV650, 2004 Buell XB12R(current), a 2006-2007 Yamaha R6s, 1999 Honda CBR F4, and a 2007 Suzuki GSXR 600.

I am somewhat mechanically inclined when it comes to bike maintenace. I can change out my sprockets and chain. I lube as needed. I can change my own oil, replace clutches, install misc aftermarket parts like levers and whatnot, and I am also very anal about tire pressure lol. I've learned some on my own and a little more with the help of my motorcycle mechanic friends.

I like to read alot about motorcycles. Anything and everything. I'll never stop learning.

I've NEVER done a track day but I am very experienced and quick on the twisties!! I love hitting the curves!!

I am also a stunt rider. I'm not the best...by far. But I practice, practice, practice. I've spent countless hours in the lots and spent lots of cash on broken parts. I'm not the type that rides past you with no gear and flying 100 mph on one wheel on the highway...that's squidly stuff.

I have had about 11 accidents. 9 which were stunt related. 1 which was a lowside on a curve. 1 in which I was cut off by an 18 wheeler and totalled my SV. I am very cautious now about riding and paying attention. I like riding in groups.

I AM HERE FOR EVERYONE AND ANYONE. IF I CAN HELP, I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE.

Last edited:

RWBuente

Reaction score
Visit site
Will Be 60 this year. Have been riding since I was 15. Back then you started out on 90 and 100cc bikes unless you could afford a Harley or Triumph. The Honda 750 wan't around yet and the biggest Jap bikes at the time were 250's and 350's with a rare 450 Honda. 2 strokes were the most common. I have had 25 bikes since then form Harleys, to Ducatis with an oddball Ural sidecar. Have had 2 maxi scooters as well as V-max and Zx-11. Really just love to rice. No track days ever so can't give much on racing. Have logged thousands of miles and hope to keep going. Traded a discontinued Buell on the FZ6. It is a nice quick bike and much more comfortable than some of the racer types I have had.

ir_nazri_bpms

Reaction score
Visit site
i owned used FZ6 2006 last 3 month..this is my 1'st big bike i used...i rode before Kawasaki superkips 150cc only...

I used as daily comuter to my office 80km perway..160km daily...

I enjoy ride it...easy to do lanespliting...climbing, cornering,overtake...

rickthefix

Reaction score
Visit site
Started riding at 10 - minibike with a 5hp engine, throttle cable stuck WFO second time on it, ran into a fence!
Bought my older brothers Hodaka Ace 100 when 13, it was stripped for dirt already, rode it for 4 years. He raced motocross on various mx bikes, which I was only allowed to ride a few times. But he owned several street bikes over the years which I did ride in mid to late teens.
Bought my first street bike, 73 Kawasaki S2-350cc triple 2-stroke when 19. Rode it for about 7 years.
Picked up a 79 XS650 a few years later after a short hiatus from riding, still have it & in good condition after slight restoration, but modified to a sort of street-fighter & more aggressive riding posture.
Bought a 96 Kawasaki Vulcan EN500 about 10 years ago for commuting purposes, love the 64 mpg it gets! Great little Japanese cruiser, has the Ninja/EX500 engine in it & it will get up & boogie.
Bought a 90 EX500 a few years ago, kept it for 2 yrs, sold it to buy a 04 ZX6R for real cheap, in great condition. This bike is stupid fast!
Most recent acquisition was the 07 FZ6, about 9 months ago (oldest son sort of took over the ZX6R). The young man had been down on it after hitting a 4x4 in the road (wooden post, not a truck). Bent both wheels & slight damage to front/right plastics, tail piece, grab rail, broken peg & mirror, ground down frame slider. The slider saved this bike! I bought wheels off fleecebay from an 08 R6 (gold tone) & have been riding it ever since! Want to put FZ1 bars & peg set-back plates on it.
I also own a 77-D XS650 that was a barn-queen & have it running, but still needs some major restoration, mostly paint & polish. Just finished restoring a 77 Suzuki TS185-B Enduro that is currently for sale, great little 2-stroke! Also have a 80 TS185-E that is a parts bike.
Current stable: 07 FZ6, 04 ZX6R, 96 EN500, 77 & 79 XS650, 77 & 80 TS185.
Only the 80 TS185 does not run & only the FZ,ZX & EN are currently tagged.
No track days, but planning on one this fall. Only one street get-off a few years ago, on the Dragons Tail on the 79-XS650 while chasing & keeping up with 3 1-lite bikes. Front brake disc got too hot & warped, causing me to let off brakes, altering my path & into the gravel, high-siding over the edge. Poked a hole in the left shin bone - ouch. That's what happens when you over-ride the bike!
So, in a nutshell, been riding over 40 years, do all my own wrenching & restoration projects, and have also restored several classic Mustangs, a Bronco & F150. Electrics & electronics are no biggie, been servicing CT & MRI scanners since 1981 (along with x-ray, nuc-med, ultra-sound, linear accelerators, etc...
Became a certified MSF/GaMSP RiderCoach 2 years ago.

Last edited:

mattiosmaximos

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Your Rider Resume,

I'm 33, I started riding a Honda XR250R 1985 when I was 12. Dirt and gravel.
I moved to a street bike when I turned 26.
I've taken the LCC Team oregon Class and passed with 100/100 Written and driving.
On 7/7/2010 was my first crash. Not counting laying down dirt bikes of course.
My Aunt Terry is in charge of Washington's Motorcycle training Program so I've gotten more than my share of do's and don'ts.
I've owned.
1985 Honda xr250r (Being fixed)
1980 Yamaha Virago chopped to a Harley look alike (sold)
1973 Honda CB750 in mint condition with windjammer and original chrome. (Sold)
1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 (sold)
2004 yamaha FZ6 Silver (stolen)
2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 (traded)
1996 Honda Magna modified yellow 750 (still have)
1997 Suzuki rm250 2 stroke yellow(still have)
2001 yamaha yz426f Blue 4 stroke (still have)
2005 Yamaha FZ6 Blue naked (still have)
And now I broke my collar bone due to hitting a 3 point buck with my FZ6 at 60mph so I'll be sitting this summer out. :(
No riding for me.
But hey! I can still feed my self and walk! Yeh!

3065_1136937309834_1419416713_362946_3748740_n.jpg

n1419416713_53114_8140.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

DSC04389Medium.jpg

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
My Uncle let me take an old trials bike thru the trails near his cabin summer of '04, and I was hooked. Took the MSF May of '05 when I was 23, and haven't looked back.

Rode a Suzuki GS500 for a little over a year, then purchased a new Ninja 650R. Just sold it with 36,000kms that I put on all over Western Canada and parts of the Northern US. Lots of commuting and sport touring miles, I'm not scared to get out there and go. I'll gladly weigh in on endurance and touring discussions, but you won't likely find me in the trackday threads, at least until I get a chance to try it out myself.

On the dirt side of things, I owned a DR650 for a little over a year and did some adventure touring and dirt riding, but never got perfectly comfortable off road. Will be buying a KLX250 to get back into that shortly.

These two pics of my trip to BC last year cover my two favourite types of riding: sport touring, and mildly adventurous. Definition of adventure: taking inappropriate equipment to out of the way places. :thumbup:

642225990_u6EcW-L.jpg

642268089_TXS4z-L.jpg

Lots more to see at grainbelt.smugmug.com/motorcycles.

King0225

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my first bike FZ6 2005 in March this year been doing rallies here in Idaho since. I ride to work every day and go for extended runs every weekend. got a group of about 10 bikes that i ride with regularly. We generally behave when we ride I'm the only sport bike in our group. When I bought my bike it had 9k miles on it and I'm up to 14k now and I'm about to go hit sturgis on the 8th of august and add another 2k miles to my bike on that trip. looking forward to it.

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi my name is Rob and I am 47. I just bought my FZ and love it. I have been riding for 41 years now. My first bike was a honda ct 70 with an auto transmission and was the coolest thing ever to a 6 year old.
1971 honda trail 90, I only rode it when no one was looking
1974 Yz 125, broke my arm and collarbone, welcome to moto cross
1975 Yz 250, learned to fly
1972 TY 250, stopped flying and learned trials riding
1974 Bultaco sherpa t
1978 XS 750 triple, added a header and down bars
1978 CSR 650 kawi, clip ons ,rear sets and a punched out kirker pipe!!!!!!
1982 maxim 650, full dress bike that I rode the wheels off
1992 Honda lead wing, what was I thinking
1985 Husky 250, fast as a phone call
1987 HD sportster, owned it for 2 days and traded it for a PA system
1980 KZ 650, boring
1995 Honda CR 250 R, remembered about flying
1998 gas gas trials bike
1997 Beta-alp, trials/enduro with a hi/lo range, wierd
1987 KZ 900, cafe'd it out
1972 TZ 250, road raced Sears Point and slid thru the fence
1996 Honda NSR 400, wicked 2 stroke track bike, power band ,baby
2009 FZ6s, welcome to the future.

I still love trials riding and a perfect corner on a street bike. I always wrench on my own stuff and believe that stock sucks.

Sabra

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Sarah, I'm 29 living manchester,Uk. Been riding for 3yrs now... only owned 2 bikes
1st was a 2005 Honda Varadero 125cc, rode this for 2 years and loved it :) passed my DA on a thursday, wrote the honda off on the friday :( i think th L plates were a talisman!
2nd is Dwayne FZ6 fazer S2... had him a while now and have never looked back. He comes everywhere with me (I'm an all weather rider)
Aside from my lessons my riding skill has developed through practice, practice practice. I still struggle with the tight bends but i'm getting better as my confidence grows.
I would love to one day do a track day or 2..... and have visions of knee down riding but I wont run before I can walk :)
I have basic technical knowledge...enough to recognise where problems may lie but thats about it...
Hoping to learn more from you guys out there :)

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm Dan, and live South of Madison, Wisconsin, USA.

I'm (damn) 45 years old and have been an avid rider for 30 years.

I've owned almost 50 motorcycles in my lifetime (multibike disorder) and have ridden well over 300,000 road miles on the various bikes.

I currently average 15,000 miles a year on my various bikes, and would ride more if I had the time.

I used to compete in Enduro and Hare Scramble races around the Midwest, but now just ride an occasional Dual Sport ride to get rid of my off road desires. I also ride to the UP of Michigan and wander the trails, looking for that next perfect photo opportunity.

I've ridden only one street track day, and that was BMW sponsored at Shannonville Park in Ontario.

My current rides (I won't bore you with all the bikes I've owned) are as follows:
2008 Honda Goldwing
2007 Yamaha FZ6 (with Givi bags)
2006 Yamati 150 (touring scooter)
2002 Kawasaki KLR650 (with aluminum bags)
1996 Honda VFR750 (selling before I screw it up by putting bags on it)
1985 BMW R80 (No fairing, just :rolleyes: bags)

No matter who I'm riding with, I tend to end up leading the group and I also tend to be the fast rider. The foot peg feelers on most of my bikes hate me. I typically only slightly speed (10MPH over) on straight roads, but I don't slow for many corners.

I guess that's it.. I'm not a go fast guy, but the tires on most of my bikes are feathered to the edge.

Oh, and riding still puts a smile on my face.:thumbup:

neos

Intermediate rider
Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hi everybody

in 2002 bought a 2001 Piaggio Zip 50 (got stolen after 5 months)
in 2007 bought a 2007 Yamaha Neos 50cc (upgraded the engine to 70cc), rode 10,000 m in and around London
In 2009 got my motorbike license and purchased a 1999 Fazer 600 which I rode for around 3000 miles then in January 2010 bought a 2004 Fazer 600, already rode 7000 miles including a 3100 round trip London-Lisbon and in a couple of days going to tour the Normandy region of France... and Paris

voila - that's me.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!

I'm still very new at this.

I took an MSF riding course and got my motorcycle license in October 2009.

The first bike I purchased was a 2009 FZ6, also in October 2009. Not counting the riding course, this is the only bike I've ridden too.

I've only put 1,300 miles on it, because I mostly drive my car. I have a couple jobs, and it's easier for me to leave the stuff for one job in the trunk while I'm at another. Not to mention it fits in the trunk better.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Pauly. I'm 33 years old and purchased my first motorcycle when I was 24. I didn't grow up on bikes, so buying the first one was an adventure all by itself.

My bikes, in chronological order:

1988 Kawasaki EX500 (sold)
1997 Suzuki TL1000s (high-sided, sold)
1974 Suzuki GT185 (sold)
1996 Yamaha YZ125 (sold)
1998 Suzuki GSX-R600 (sold)
2005 Ducati Monster (wife "borrowed" it one day and never gave it back)
2000 Ducati 748 (sold)
2008 Kymco People 150 (currently own)
2004 Yamaha FZ6 (currently own)

Some of these bikes were owned at the same time, btw.

My average weekend ride is ~300-450 miles of two-lane twisties, in SE Ohio/WV/Pennsylvania. I've taken my MSF safety course. I've done a handful of track days and will do more as dollars permit. I don't like the freeway. I don't care for commuting, unless it's on the scooter. (way moar funner on the scooter) I ride to Deals Gap at least once a year. (650 miles, one way... less than 50 miles of freeway and even that is too much) I average 6-10,000 miles a season. These past few years the mileage has tapered off, but I see this FZ chewing some serious tarmac next season. I was unsure of it until this last trip to Deals Gap. What a great bike. She's a bit soft up front and the seat has to go, but I find no fault anywhere else. I can honestly say I haven't had this much fun speeding my ass off since I first discovered twisty roads. My weekend warrior spirit has been rekindled with this little Yamaha. Hell, I may even bolt a hard case to it. :eek:

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, name's John, been riding a long time.
For the last 13 years I have been running and leading dealer ride outs, dealer days and dealer trips to Europe. Covered something like 15 - 18000 miles each year for the last 10 years. Until this year been given a company bike to carry out my business for them. Some years ago I used to write road tests for a bike internet magazine, also wrote race reports on BSB events. Lost count of the number of different bikes I've ridden, hundreds from tiddlers to Gold Wings, Harleys etc. Done a few track days and the Ron Haslam race school (where I got John McGuiness as my instructor). I have even run winter off season bike quizzes for dealers for years. Does that lot qualify me for having a vague idea what I'm talking about. Absolutely agree with the starter of this thread, there are a lot of people with opinions that are worth nothing. In my experience the way you figure out if someone knows what they are doing is by seeing them in action. The number of times we've had posers turn up for our ride outs on the latest swanky tupperware torpedo, only to see them disappearing towards the back of the group proves my point. Fancy leathers and a big mouth don't make a good rider. I'm currently running a little FZ6 (had to buy a bike after 10 years of dealer bikes) The gang I run with are pretty handy, all sorts of bikes, street triple, gixxer thou street fighter, blade, Hayabusa, GSXR 750, the little FZ is usually somewhere near the front and we regularly overhaul supposedly superior kit in the twisties. It's what you do that counts, not what you say.

niko_fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 29 and have been riding bikes since I was 14 with a few years gap in between

I got my first bike as I present from my dad, a mighty Yamaha T80 semiauto , which I rode constantly for a couple of years and modded it in every possible way.

Growing up in a small town near the country side with no traffic, plenty of trails and a police force of 2,I have moved into 2 stroke off road bikes by the time I was 17. A stunning YAMAHA YZ125 which I didn't get the chance to enjoy for very long and as it got stolen and a YAMAHA DT200 which I had plenty of fun with.

When I turned 19 I got my first proper bike which was a Suzuki Bandit 400

I have then spend the rest 4 years without a bike to buy an FZ6 in 2005 which I own until now.

I had a few accidents along the way, with the most serious being ramming a car and flying over the hood, hitting a pedestrian and sliding along a three lane roundabout. I tend to learn things the hard way unfortunately

I have acquired some riding skills over the years but never attended a special course or a track day, (I think its about time to do one).

I have been using the bike mainly for commuting over the past few years and I feel its time for me to get a bit more involved with the racing side of the FZ.