08' FZ6 parts for sale, all still new

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 Race Tech Springs for sale

Hey folks,

Only the Race Tech .90 kg springs are left. They were used about 1 week.
Still new condition, in original box. Spacers cut to perfect length to match stock and has preload rings as well. I can include a bit of fork oil as well.
$90 shipped. This set was bought for an 08' model, but will fit any year this style. I think 06-09?

PM here, or you can email me direct at [email protected]

Thanks,

Troy

Last edited:

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I would, and it should be a perfect fit. It might cost a little more in shipping though. Cross border stuff always does. But, if it's only a couple bucks extra, I'll suck it up. If it's $10 extra, then we'll have to work something out. The filter is used maybe a week or two, no more. I just didn't ride the bike much after the first couple weeks.

- Troy

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Reiobard...cool.
Payday is always a plus...:thumbup:

- Troy

Oh, just noticed you're in Hillsbourough. Man, I wish I could move back up to New England, NH specifically. I grew up in MA on the south shore, and just moved to the south 5 years ago. We're in northern GA now. Mountains here are nice, but not NH. I have a lot of family in NH & VT. I miss the north country badly.

Last edited:

Bake

Reaction score
Visit site
Love my FZ6 but would be interesting what you find are the key differences / benefits with the 1 litre bike. I dont think I have seen this discussion on this FZ6 forum? Let us know what you think

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Bake,

First, I still am in shock that these new springs and K&N filter are not sold on here. Guess I'll put 'em up on Ebay.

Anyway, that is a big question there, and I hope I don't offend anyone who loves their FZ6 with my comparison to the FZ1. The differences are legion, and though it looks similar, it is most definitely not in any way.
First was comfort. Being a cruiser rider for years, I thought the FZ6 would be a bit of a stretch at first, but it turned out to be a torture device. Pain increased over the 1 1/2 month time period I had the new bike, and it became just a big paperweight in the garage. I couldn't ride it anymore. When I switched to the FZ1, many thought I was crazy, but I could see there was a big difference with the bars & seat. This time, I was right. So far I've had the FZ1 about 2-3 weeks, and what pain I had has totally disappeared. The bike is 100% more comfortable to me. The joy of riding has returned. Next, the suspension is worlds away from the FZ6, and fully adjustable. Granted, I'm only 130 lbs, so I don't move the suspension much, but still. It performs very well. It's just as easy to work on as the FZ6 was, but the more traditional exhaust placement is a blessing. That undertail was not for me. Then, we have the power. Oh my, the power. Having barely 30lbs. more weight, but fully 40 horsepower more and significant torque gains, this bike launches my small-ish frame like it's not even on the bike. This bike is FAST, and much beefier where I spend most of my time, which is under 7k rpm. Don't get me wrong, the 6 was quite quick, but this thing is just ludicrous speed. Since I just took out that stupid EXUP and put on a Scorpion slip-on, the bike is literally jumping out from under me.
Oh, and I have found that I can corner better with the bigger bike. It's a scalpel.
There's the comparison for you, as honest as it can be.

- T.

Last edited:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya, I realized the FZ1 corners smoother than the FZ6 and that too on my 1st test ride on it. The suspension is just so compliant. Even with my R6 forks, the FZ6 does not corner like a scalpel.

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
Gonna try this one more time before I put them on Ebay.
Anybody want this stuff? I thought these items were popular, no?
I'm asking less than I paid, with shipping, and they're still new.
What's up folks? Maybe this economy just has everyone, including me, not spending any money at all...:confused:

- Troy