1999 fzs600 streetfighter front suspension conversion?

crazyjames

Reaction score
Visit site
hi, just bought a fazer 600 street fighter that needs abit of work as a project... first thing id like to do is beef up the front end and make it more adjustable with upside down forks off a r6/r1 or any other make of bike if it fits.
problem iv got is my yoke fork holes are obviously to small to fit upside down forks so im going to have to change the yokes and head stem as well as the forks, iv got a couple of questions..

1. has anyone done this before? and how did you get round it?

2.will any yamaha yokes and stem fit straight onto my head stock? or is there any other bikes with a head stem and yokes that will fit straight onto my fazers head stock that will house upside down forks?

3. or can i take my head stem off my original yokes and mount it onto another type of yoke that can house the upside down forks?

4. or is there some sort of conversion kit avaliable that will do the job?

thanx for reading, apreciate it :D

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
All Balls has a handy fork conversion tool on their site that gives bearing specs for various forks. If you can't find anything that you can make fit, it is possible to press your steer tube out and press it into a different triple clamp. I have no idea how compatible the tube diameters are going to be, especially if you don't stay with Yamaha forks.

Plan on doing some work if you want your steering lock to work.

crazyjames

Reaction score
Visit site
cheers m8, checked out that site but theres nothing really on there for my bike, found a couple of companys in Street Fighter magazine that may be able to help so going to give thoses guys a call when i get a min, thanx again for there reply dude :thumbup: