2004 FZ6-complete bike with frame damage. Great for part out / project $1000 (NYC)

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you think alumunium framed bikes are bad investments?
Would you prefer a steel framed bike after all these bad experiences?
I guess nowadays, steel framed bikes are more popular like Yamaha MT series. Isn't it?

Dannyboy676

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess nowadays, steel framed bikes are more popular like Yamaha MT series. Isn't it?

I had a head on collision with my monster at double the speed of this and frame was still intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: 2004 FZ6-complete bike with frame damage. Great for part out / project $1400 (NYC)

Aydin, notice the bike wasn't skidding on its side. The structure damage here was done by frontal impact. The front wheel stopped and the bike kept moving so think in terms of holding the rear wheel down and shoving the front wheel back. The stress at the steering head deformed the frame..

Plus 1 on ^^^.

The frame where the steering head bolts probably bent back some...

Steel, vs aluminum frame, I had a 1985 Honda VT1100, (V-Twin) and had a lady pull a u-turn in front me and take me out,. I was probably doing 25MPH..

Damage "appeared minimal" and I was able to ride it home however, the insurance adjuster found a crack in the STEEL steering head area and totaled it..
**This bike was technically a full frame (but part of the frame unbolted to R&R the engine if necessary)
And I didn't hit (I don't think) as hard as he did.

Hit anything hard enough, I don't care if it's aluminum, steel, etc, something's going to give.

I agree with FI, that frame is tweeked big time.. Find a "new" used frame and you have a great winter project.
Too many unknowns...

Los

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: 2004 FZ6-complete bike with frame damage. Great for part out / project $1400 (NYC)

I have a black frame laying around. 200$

Dannyboy676

Reaction score
Visit site

Sold the bike

Dannyboy676

Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks everyone for the help and helping me make the right decision

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks everyone for the help and helping me make the right decision

Good luck going forward....

broody

Reaction score
Visit site
What's cool about aluminum is it's rust resistance. Not a big deal for sunday drivers but I guess that 15-20 year old steel bikes in places like UK tend to rust at some point.