2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

Yeah, that's me. Did you take that? Looks like your bike there on the side but I don't recall you doing roadside photos. Anyway, thanks for the pic!

LOL yep I took it. I was sitting there talking to Darryl (killboy) He is cool as hell. That was just after we left the the bike repair place, and I went riding down the dragon on my own, got a ticket for 56 in a 30 in a contruction zone with no construction, turned around and went back. The last day my bike had a fairing with no cracks. LOL LOL A rough 24 hours for my bike.

Its not a great pic, it was a disposable camera. LOL

I just registered for the Thursday class. If anyone else is taking it and staying in the Robinsville area, let me know. We'll hook up for the ride to Maryville. I am so psyched up for this trip!

Where in robinsville are you staying me and a few friends are going to show up on friday we are staying at the 2 wheel inn.

I just registered for the Thursday class. If anyone else is taking it and staying in the Robinsville area, let me know. We'll hook up for the ride to Maryville. I am so psyched up for this trip!

Well We will be staying up in Maryville this trip, but hope to see lots of you in the classes or out on the roads as I plan on doing some riding as well. Watch for my Red FZ, or my Black Vmax.

Anyone else going to sign up for the class? post up

Where in robinsville are you staying me and a few friends are going to show up on friday we are staying at the 2 wheel inn.
I'm not sure where I'm staying yet because I'm not sure if the wife is coming. I might not know until the first of May or so. I stayed at the Microtel last year but if she comes we will probably try to find a cabin somewhere.

I'm all registered for the Thursday class as well. I'm not sure where I'll be staying on Wed night yet. I may just call Ron and pay for Wed night myself. Once it gets closer I'll know for sure where I'm staying.

Am I the only one that has thought of just saying screw it, starting some sort of antihippymotorcyclecommune and moving over in that area?? LOL LOL

Maybe instead of drum circles have open exhaust night? Instead of smoking the pot all day, just lever on a bunch of cheng shin tires and roast them off?

Then again I know there is something wrong with my brain, and you cant make biogas for bikes yet.

Am I the only one that has thought of just saying screw it, starting some sort of antihippymotorcyclecommune and moving over in that area?? LOL LOL

Maybe instead of drum circles have open exhaust night? Instead of smoking the pot all day, just lever on a bunch of cheng shin tires and roast them off?

Then again I know there is something wrong with my brain, and you cant make biogas for bikes yet.

Man I would love to retire to a place like that. Something about the south that I love.

I email Darryl, killboy, about some group photos. I know it is aways off, but I thought I would see how much he charged, if anyone was interested.

Here is the email.

> Bryan McCrary wrote:
>
> Darryl and Lori,
>
> I will be up to the gap June 4th through the 7th riding with the FZ6-
> forum.com group. We will be staying at the Treetops again this
> year. I remember seeing photos on the highlights page from time to
> time where you phoyographed groups. I was wondering how much you
> charged for this and if you would be available to get some group
> shots possibly?
>
> If I am not mistaken, the SV group is going to be there that weekend
> as well.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -bryan

Hey Bryan,

I don't charge anything extra as long as it doesn't take more than an
hour of my time. We just put the photos in the store for individual
purchase like all the other photos. All I ask is that your members
not share purchased photos of the group amongst themselves to
undermine our business, and we have to do it during "off-peak"
shooting hours. Off-peak hours would be any time Sunday through
Thursday, or before noon or after 6pm Friday and Saturday.

Hope that works for you, and look forward to seeing you all out there!

Best Regards,
Darryl Cannon
killboy.com - Your Professional Photos from US129 Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap

FYI.

-bryan

I'm all registered for the Thursday class as well. I'm not sure where I'll be staying on Wed night yet. I may just call Ron and pay for Wed night myself. Once it gets closer I'll know for sure where I'm staying.

If you decide to go that way I'll totally split it with you. I've got tons of vacation time to burn and an extra day at the gap sounds like a good start.

You know you can get the week rate and it wont really be much more than the two extra days right? You guys could stay the whole week. I am sure there will be one or two more that would split it with you all.

Steve wouldn't biogas be considered METHANE?????

LOL

Maybe a LPG bike but damn if I want a giant round tank on the back.

I'm not sure if my head is right, but i would love some photos of me with my bike and then picture's with everyone else also, just let me know how much to set aside for the picture's, i mist out on last year and want to put faces with voices and bike as well, so whatever needs to be done please just let me know in advance.

I am leaving Wednesday (midnight) ans i think i should be there sometime Thursday late afternoon, so the one thing i would need to know which house will i be in for that night or for that, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday leaving Monday mid day-ish. Do we know who will be there for the early comers. I am going to be in a area that "I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT", so ounce i get there i hope i could meet up with the early crew, i see that the will be attending the class so maybe just hang out with them and just listen or sit in on if that's ok, otherwise do we have sleeping arrangements done yet or is it to soon (i think it's to soon), i might be taking someone else along. Her name is Jessica and she is 21, and she just started riding 2-3 months ago and she bought a left over 07 R6, the crazy part is she is 5', and weighs 95 pounds. When she bought the bike i told her it was to big of a bike to start off with, when we get to a light, wearing her boots the tippy toes just make contact, so I will see if she has the riding skills needed. Other then that I CAN NOT WAIT IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will be at the Ridge. It is the only house we are renting early. 7 beds two baths, HUGE garage with bathroom and game tables and couches, hot tub, deck out back, with bbq grill and fire pit. Its really actually easy to find, just be chill on the driveway, it has a very sharp turn at the end and turns to gravel up a hill.

Keep the gate closed and enjoy.

That's cool Brian. What did you have in mind?

Well, like in the email, I have seen pictures that Darryl has posted on the front page of other groups. Like a large car group will gather up at the dam or an overlook with Darryl and he gets some shots of the group together, how ever we want to do it, and whereverwe want to do it. I think he charges like 5 bucks a picture, and like he mentioned in the email, he asks that we dont buy one copy and then share.

He is a great guy and does great work. I would only want to ask him to meet us if there are several members who want to buy images. I don't want to waste his time, you know.

Its up to everyone else, and we have plently of time to determine what to do. Just want to give yall a heads up and put the interest gauge out there.

-bryan

Back