2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

Just got off the phone with Ron. Adding Wed put us over what it would cost for the week, so he gave us Tuesday and Wednesday for an extra $120.

This brings our grand total to $1,700 whch I also paid in full today so we are all set. Those of you who can arrive early please feel free too. No worries about money, as I am covering the extra days myself.

To recap:

Ridge Tuesday-Sunday
Point Friday-Sunday

So will anyone actually be there on Tuesday? I'm still in for Wednesday.

I'll be there sometime Thursday evening. IF I can swing another day off, I'm going to try to be there Wednesday.

Yea, Ill be there on Tuesday, but I'm not sure what time yet. It all depends if I leave Monday after work or Tuesday morning.

I wont be there untill 6-7pm on thursday night. IF I GET MY FREAKING BIKE BACK!!!!!!!! If not I will be honor bound to do something horrible to the asshat who backed over it. Freaking idiot.

I wont be there untill 6-7pm on thursday night. IF I GET MY FREAKING BIKE BACK!!!!!!!! If not I will be honor bound to do something horrible to the asshat who backed over it. Freaking idiot.

Hopefully it all works out. You can always drive down?

Wednesday mid day for me. Leaving TX on tuesday, hope to get in a ride wednesday afternoon/early evening!!!!

Wednesday would be the perfect day to hit the Dragon. I'm out for almost all of Thursday with class. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are really crouded days.

Thats the plan, enjoy the dragon with relatively littel traffic on Wed and thursday morning and then explore the 100's of other miles in the area that look amazing. I have held off on planning to much but that will start as the date nears. My biking vacation is gonna be very open, just enjoy the time, the roads and the company!!

Thats the plan, enjoy the dragon with relatively littel traffic on Wed and thursday morning and then explore the 100's of other miles in the area that look amazing. I have held off on planning to much but that will start as the date nears. My biking vacation is gonna be very open, just enjoy the time, the roads and the company!!

Sounds like a good plan to me. The country and views there are absolutely amazing! I spent a little over 20 yours in TX, so I know you're in for a little different view.

I need to come up with a couple routes myself. Tour Guide(Scott) was the leader last year, and did a hell of a job. Hopefully he can do the same this year.

I won't be there till early Friday afternoon. I'm assuming you guys will probably already be out and about by then?

Yes but you will have our cell numbers just call and we can arrange a meet up place its no biggy, or just ride around and have fun.

thanks ant - the ride down 28 is a great one, but i also reccomend getting down into the north ga. area. two, wolfpen gap, blood mt. , etc.. it's a long ride with a group but with a spirited group and straight riding it can be done. that's the route that jim went last year. or a different route can knock some time off straight to the two area.

thanks ant - the ride down 28 is a great one, but i also reccomend getting down into the north ga. area. two, wolfpen gap, blood mt. , etc.. it's a long ride with a group but with a spirited group and straight riding it can be done. that's the route that jim went last year. or a different route can knock some time off straight to the two area.

The man him self! Whatever we come up with is fine by me. I'm not real familiar with the area.

If any of your are interested, I think Josh, Jon and I are planning on going south into GA for a day. The GA mtns are amazing as well, so while were over there, might as well take advantage of it.

Ant,

How much would the extra day cost us if we show up on Wednesday?

-bryan

Brian, I'm picking up the tab for Tuesday and Wednesday. I was planning on being in the area, and a hotel would have been about the same price for me, so I went with the cabin instead.

The cook won't be there until Thursday, and that's when we will be going shopping. We'll have to rough it Wed and Thurs.:D

If any of your are interested, I think Josh, Jon and I are planning on going south into GA for a day. The GA mtns are amazing as well, so while were over there, might as well take advantage of it.

I am up for doing anything as long as I am not slowing down a group who really wants to cover a lot of ground. The majority of my 6000 miles is on the slab so this trip for me is to get more experience in the twisties. I will be taking my time in the twisties and don't want to ride above my head. I plan to be upfront about my comfort level so if we break into smaller groups please be upfront if I will be slowing a faster group down, I won't be offended because I know everyone is there to be safe and have a good time... good times sometimes come at different speeds :thumbup:

I don't care where we go all I really want is someone to follow so I don't have to put too much thought into navigation. LOL all the maps that have been posted look great to me, they don't include I95. I also think I will now be able to take the class on Thursday which should be an excellent warm up.

My dates still aren't fully fleshed out yet but any thoughts on which would be better:
Wed-Monday
Tues-Sunday
(arrival time would probably be aprox 3pm and departure day has no riding time)

I am up for doing anything as long as I am not slowing down a group who really wants to cover a lot of ground. The majority of my 6000 miles is on the slab so this trip for me is to get more experience in the twisties. I will be taking my time in the twisties and don't want to ride above my head. I plan to be upfront about my comfort level so if we break into smaller groups please be upfront if I will be slowing a faster group down, I won't be offended because I know everyone is there to be safe and have a good time... good times sometimes come at different speeds :thumbup:

I don't care where we go all I really want is someone to follow so I don't have to put too much thought into navigation. LOL all the maps that have been posted look great to me, they don't include I95. I also think I will now be able to take the class on Thursday which should be an excellent warm up.

My dates still aren't fully fleshed out yet but any thoughts on which would be better:
Wed-Monday
Tues-Sunday
(arrival time would probably be aprox 3pm and departure day has no riding time)

You'll be fine man. It woudl be cool if you can manage the class.

My vote would be Wed-Monday. No one will be there on Tuesday but me, and I don't know what time I'll be there.

Brian, I'm picking up the tab for Tuesday and Wednesday. I was planning on being in the area, and a hotel would have been about the same price for me, so I went with the cabin instead.

The cook won't be there until Thursday, and that's when we will be going shopping. We'll have to rough it Wed and Thurs.:D

Ok, well I am not sure if we could make it yet as I am not at the house. When I get back to Charlotte, I will run it by the guys and see if they are willing to come early. I'll shoot you a PM when I found out that status of that.

-bryan

Just got off the phone with Ron. Adding Wed put us over what it would cost for the week, so he gave us Tuesday and Wednesday for an extra $120.

This brings our grand total to $1,700 whch I also paid in full today so we are all set. Those of you who can arrive early please feel free too. No worries about money, as I am covering the extra days myself.

To recap:

Ridge Tuesday-Sunday
Point Friday-Sunday

So i would be going to the ridge. Is it time yet the pressure is killing me!!!!!!

I am going to ride a mellow pace and enjoy the scenery, fun but not so fast I miss everything. Nick Ienatch (sp) put it nicely, race for points or money, the rest of the time use the pace.

Back