A little help

LS7

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking for a SV650 for some time in my area as my first bike. Well ok not my first bike that was a Honda 600F4i that I had for about 4 months before moving and giving it up for a few years. Now that I am settled and have my licence I am looking at getting my next first bike? Anyway I ran across this 2008 Fz6 with about 6k miles on it right in my own town. They are asking $3900 for it. I didint doo that much research on the bike but I am itching to get something and dont want to spend a arm and a leg. I will use it simply for a joy ride over the weekends and perhaps some 2 up riding with my wife. Any imput on this would be helpful. I guess I also want to know if it is still "fun" to ride. The F4I I had would kick your butt when the power band kicked in and I dont need anything that fast to have a good time but the local dealer in my area said the Fz6 was slow and I would feel it was borning..... He also wanted to sell me a brand new Fz8 so I took that with a grain of salt. Thanks again you guys.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I too was after a SV650, I even test road one. Then I went to a different dealer and saw the FZ6. I decided there and then that I wanted one. Most of my previous bikes were twins and I wanted to experience a different engine.
I think you should ask the dealer to test ride both the FZ6 and FZ8 so you can make your own mind up.
For the majority of people the FZ6 is a more than capable bike.
It's such a personal choice.
You won't be disappointed with either the SV650 or FZ6.
There is tons of info on this site about new riders experiences.

Good Luck

Nelly:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:the the forum!!!

Sorry the sales guy has his own agenda...:rolleyes:

The FZ6 is a hoot to ride and like your previous 600 genre bike it won't disappoint when it's in it's powerband. If I was going to by the FZ8 I think I would buy the FZ1 instead. If I could have kept my FZ6 I would have just on the dynamics of the bike.

You will be happy with the FZ6!

The SV650 is also fun bike with good pull out of the hole but then will lack at the higher revs. Also I don't know if the ergos on the faired 650 with be as good as the FZ6.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't comment on the price because Danish taxes on cars/bikes are crazy compared to that!

I often ride with my GF on the back. I have never tried the stock seat but I heard it is cardboard-ish. With my seat a 2up ride is comfortable (even after 3-400km). The FZ6 has relatively low torque (which is nice for a passenger), so if you stay below midrevs a 2up ride is nice and comfy. Also during a 2up ride (or alone) you'll enjoy the seating position... if you try it you'll know what I mean.

And nope the FZ6 isn't slow. I bet your dealer just wants you to buy a more expensive bike (which you already guessed). I have taken it to track/school days and had loads of fun. If you keep it up near (or past) 7.000rpm it changes character and is definitely at least as fast as any other 100hp/200kg bike!