A new lessson learned

Reaction score
www.manpcc.com
After now having my '05 FZ6 for a little over a month, I am really starting to get to know her and am getting a good feel for her. I discovered something new today. For 24 years I had been used to my torquey 1400cc Suzuki Cavalcade and she was happy lugging around at 3000-3500 rpm. I had been riding my Fazer the same way - until yesterday. I decided to keep her up around 4000-5000 rpm while running through towns and up around 5000-5500 rpm while cruising at 50-60 mph. What a difference! I learned that the FZ6 likes the higher rpm's and now, along with the Scorpion pipes, she sounds like a pissed off bad ass angry Hornet. I love it!

Have a great riding weekend everyone!

Last edited:

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Just for fun the other day I went on a 120ish mile round trip and didn't get out of third. I made a concerted effort to keep it above 8K the entire time just to see what it was like. Felt a bit manic I have to admit, but was real good fun ;)

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
If you like 5000 RPMs try floating it around between 8-10. 5000rpm is just the preview:BLAA:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I find that around town, my happy zone is around 7,000 rpms. Has plenty of getty up if you need it. And remember, anything less than 4000 rpm, you're draining the battery.

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site
Man I learned this today on my ride as well....Been riding the bike for a month or so now as well as being my first time ever on a bike taking it pretty easy most of the time and only hitting 8-10k rpms...well today....I thought..ok...lets see what she will do..well I managed to hit about 70 in second and man!!!! wowwwwweeeee!!! that is sweet...she really starts to come alive around 8k and pulls strong untill 15...sure does sound odd at 14+ though...not used to a motor screamin that much..lol...got the front tire off the ground going into second as well and that wakes you up! turned a corner with a good straight that I knew and decided to crank it up and wind it up a little before dropping the clutch in second and the front tire comes up quick!!!!
It was sweet!!! Just thought I would throw my newly experienced ride in this discussion as well.....LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!!! Great starter bike...plenty forgiving and easy to ride...Love it!!!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I always say it like this:

0-4k RPM: Bike sounds disgruntled, muttering to itself, "grr, this useless rider, come on bub rev me up you jerk, I swear this is the last time i let him..."

5k-7k RPM: Bike perks up in its seat a little more involved now, "Oh hey, didn't notice you there rider man, come on crank me up lets dooooo it come on come on come on" *PANTS LIKE DOG*

7k-12k RPM: "YEAH! COME ON THATS IT YEAH BOYYYYYYY!!!!"

Moments before hitting the limiter: "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

*Rider crashes into tree*

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I find that around town, my happy zone is around 7,000 rpms. Has plenty of getty up if you need it. And remember, anything less than 4000 rpm, you're draining the battery.

:eek: I've been riding normally between 3k - 4k around town !!!!!!!
I did not know about this!!!!!!
If I'm riding on roads with speed limits around 55MPH (or more) I keep it around 5K - 6K

Today was actually the first time I got the bike around 7k and it starts feeling different already ...

I'm waiting to get to 1,000 miles to "unleash the beast" and go past 8k (right now I'm around 750 miles

ShadowChillaGin

Reaction score
Visit site

0-4k RPM: Bike sounds disgruntled, muttering to itself, "grr, this useless rider, come on bub rev me up you jerk, I swear this is the last time i let him..."

5k-7k RPM: Bike perks up in its seat a little more involved now, "Oh hey, didn't notice you there rider man, come on crank me up lets dooooo it come on come on come on" *PANTS LIKE DOG*

Moments before hitting the limiter: "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Not to thread jack but just my experience today......Oh yeah!! Above 7k is where it is at!! Went for another 120miles or so today and got to hit some 90 degree turns with a slight sweep to them and did it about 45-55mph and really leanin this bike is a blast!!! its such a different feeling laying her down like that, it really is a totally different feeling....What a blast though!! Tried the no gear over 3rd approach as well today!!
WOW!!!....Hit 60-65 in according to the speedo in first..at least I think I was in first..I really dont pay attention to what gear exactly im in..lol......IT was screamin!! topped the bike and my skill at 105mph and at 100 it starts getting pretty light!! I love this stuff now! I have decided that I will never go without a bike ever again!! Yup..Im totally hooked!! My car prolly wont even get used anymore..haha.....But yeah..Lovin the twisties!! This bike handles great and does awesome in the turns..Had a friend take it out for a spin after its oil change that always rode liter bikes. His last bike was a 954RR pushin around 163whp I think is what it was and he says this bike handles awesome! Man I love this bike!!
Still got some chicken strips to get rid of though!

Justin

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site

i totaly agree with that, this bike has its own will. yesterday i was leaving my friends house and had to do a trip about 100km long, i had 3 bars of gas left in and didnt want to get extra fuel so my friend asked me if im gonna glue the throttle at its end and get home in half an hour and i told him that im gonna go slow cause i'll probably get out of gas. then we said goodbye and poped in the first gear to start (the bike was idling while having this conversation) as soon as i did that "blink!" an extra bar of gas just poped and now i had four!

so i thought "hummm you got bored just by hearing that you little faqing fizzer? let me stretch you up a little" and just cranked the throttle 'till i got home. at the end i did 20km on reserve fuel but that was just enough!!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah so many times i leave the house put on a soft gentle playlist on my mp3 player then have to stop a little while later because the music is so distracting from what was SUPPOSED to be a casual docile ride that day

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
i totaly agree with that, this bike has its own will. yesterday i was leaving my friends house and had to do a trip about 100km long, i had 3 bars of gas left in and didnt want to get extra fuel so my friend asked me if im gonna glue the throttle at its end and get home in half an hour and i told him that im gonna go slow cause i'll probably get out of gas. then we said goodbye and poped in the first gear to start (the bike was idling while having this conversation) as soon as i did that "blink!" an extra bar of gas just poped and now i had four!

so i thought "hummm you got bored just by hearing that you little faqing fizzer? let me stretch you up a little" and just cranked the throttle 'till i got home. at the end i did 20km on reserve fuel but that was just enough!!

They love it when you talk dirty to them....