Akuma Phantom II MFR Helmet Review

jilltherider

Reaction score
Visit site
akuma.jpg
The beauty of the Phantom II is in its pure design functionality. It’s hands-down one of the lightest lids I’ve ever worn, weighing in at a svelte three pounds of total carbon fiber construction (covered in a UV resistant clear coat). For complete Product Review check out 'Motorcycle Product News - AllAboutBikes.com'

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks pretty sweet. What do they cost? I sure like my Shoei RF1000. The most comfortable helmet I have worn. I really like the transistion lens on the Akuma Phantom. The carbon fiber is pretty cool too.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
$479 from the mfg is not too unreasonable.... especially given the low weight of the thing, and the self tinting visor.

From reading the reviews, the only concern (as with every other helmet) I have is the fit.... I have read it's a good idea for the purchaser to go up one size as the helmets tend to fit snugly. As I already wear an XL in most brands, there's not much range left.

How quiet is this helmet, and what head shape does it suit? What is their return policy?

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the look and the self tinting visor but I'm not buying a lid without trying it on first. RF1000 is perfect on my skull and they make a lot of cool looking versions of that lid.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$479 from the mfg is not too unreasonable.... especially given the low weight of the thing, and the self tinting visor.

From reading the reviews, the only concern (as with every other helmet) I have is the fit.... I have read it's a good idea for the purchaser to go up one size as the helmets tend to fit snugly. As I already wear an XL in most brands, there's not much range left.

How quiet is this helmet, and what head shape does it suit? What is their return policy?

This review said it leans towards the round shape. Akuma Phantom II Helmet - webBikeWorld