Another Example of Good FZ6 People - Zmeiaspas

BigJoeG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have bought a number of parts/accessories, both new and used, from people on this forum with no problems at all. Last week's purchase was the real test.

When Zmeiaspas put his TS seat up for sale, it looked like a good deal. This is the new seat he had just put on his bike before he was rear ended and his bike was totaled. A few emails later, a meeting was planned.

We met in a McDonald's parking lot to make the exchange. Holy Crap is he tall!!! :eek:. The seat looked perfect and the sale was made. It has been raining here so I didn't get to try out the seat for 3 days. When I put it on the bike it just didn't look quite right. I took it off and inspected everything. Nothing out of the ordinary. Put in back on and it still didn't look right.

I sat on the bike and the comfort was amazing! As I shifted around a little bit, the seat would squeak. I got off and started pushing on the seat until I found the area of the squeak. I again took the seat off and it looked fine.

With the seat off and upside down, I applied downward force to both ends of the seat, revealing the crack. :( The tension of the padding and cover was keeping it closed and nearly invisible until the latch pulled it downward. Should have known it was too good to be true. Photos attached below.

This morning I emailed TS regarding my repair options and sent a note to Zmeiaspas explaining what I had found. Knowing that this is a prime example of "too good to be true" and the definition of "as-is condition", I was not expecting much from him.

I was never so glad to be wrong! Zmeiaspas was apologetic and ready to refund my money right then and there. Being a handy guy, I have decided to try to make the repairs. Zmeiaspas and I came to an agreement on a revised price and he sent me the balance of the money back via PayPal within minutes.

Thank you Zmeiaspas for being a great guy. :thumbup:

This is yet another example of why I love this forum.

View attachment 22417

View attachment 22418

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
This speaks highly of Zmeiaspas.

This and other forums are a great way to develop a "ring" of trusted people you have no problem either buying or selling any product to them. Comparing this to an unknown source on Craigslist, where anything is possible, makes it a more preferred form of exchange.

Integrity is very important, probably more than mere popularity.

I hope it works out for ya...

BTW, I think there is some really strong epoxy glue/resin that might be able to repair the damage.

Fred

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Two words: gorilla glue. It's the most bad a$$ glue out there. Just use a little, then it expands and foams a little bit. Fantastic stuff and should do the trick. You can find it at about any hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.).

Gorilla Glue - Home

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Joe, thanks a lot for the kind words. I probably would have noticed there was something wrong with the seat had I had a chance to sit on it so apologies for the inconvenience - hope you fix it and get an awesome deal out of the whole thing :D

Fred was another prospective buyer and I am so glad I sold the seat to a local buyer (Joe) as I would have been pissed if I had to pay for a $80-ish shipping on top of everything :)