Anyone fitted Stompgrip?

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone had fitted stompgrip to their FZ6? Would quite like to see some pics if anyone has done?

Also, those with past experience of stompgrip, your comments on any advantages/disadvantages on the road/track would be much apreciated! :rockon:

Cheers,

Yamahaboyz

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone had fitted stompgrip to their FZ6? Would quite like to see some pics if anyone has done?

Also, those with past experience of stompgrip, your comments on any advantages/disadvantages on the road/track would be much apreciated! :rockon:

Cheers,

Yamahaboyz

i have the stomp grips.. i love em cuz they saved my nuts when braking hard and if my girl accidentally slips down a lil n pushes me into the tank...easy application

disadvantage: you have to cut/ modify a lot to stick bc the dont stay on well thru the indentations of the tank

heres some pics:
photo2-6.jpg

photo1-7.jpg

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply :thumbup:

disadvantage: you have to cut/ modify a lot to stick bc the dont stay on well thru the indentations of the tank

Interesting, how much would you say you had to remove? They look quite small to me? Suppose there's only a small area your knee actually contacts though, so maybe a massive pad isn't necessary?

Cheers,
Yamahaboyz

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer the techspec snakeskin pads, i like the way they look better and they perform very well and are pre cut and easy to put on :).

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the reply :thumbup:

Interesting, how much would you say you had to remove? They look quite small to me? Suppose there's only a small area your knee actually contacts though, so maybe a massive pad isn't necessary?

Cheers,
Yamahaboyz

about 20% of the front and 10% of the bottom has to go

I prefer the techspec snakeskin pads, i like the way they look better and they perform very well and are pre cut and easy to put on :).

i think tech spec would be a good choice...i never had em so i cant say how good the are n i think theyre cheaper

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
about 20% of the front and 10% of the bottom has to go

Sorry forgot to ask, what bike were these made to fit before modification?, seems like the ones for the FZ1 would probably be a reasonably good match, as the tank seems to be very angular and quite high like the FZ6's.

Cheers,
Yamahaboyz