Anyone have comfort grips?

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I am coming from a Magna with grips that are about 1 1/2 inches to my FZ6. I have arthritis in my hands and need a little bigger grip. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HaChayalBoded

Reaction score
Visit site
A Larger grip might not be the answer (I came off cruisers and it took me a while to adjust to smaller grips).

The progrip model 714 is the best grip out there when it comes to comfort and alleviating pain or annoyance from overly vibratory bikes.

If you feel you still need a physically larger grip, but want something firmer than grip puppies then Kuryakyn makes very nice and comfortabel grips that are physically larger. They're the ISO grips. I have had them on half a dozen different bikes, they're great.

Last edited:

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up just getting a cheap pair of Grab-ons to see if they would make any difference...I will probably get something better later if it does help.
Thanks for the input!
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

zepe63

Reaction score
Visit site
A Larger grip might not be the answer (I came off cruisers and it took me a while to adjust to smaller grips).

The progrip model 714 is the best grip out there when it comes to comfort and alleviating pain or annoyance from overly vibratory bikes.

If you feel you still need a physically larger grip, but want something firmer than grip puppies then Kuryakyn makes very nice and comfortabel grips that are physically larger. They're the ISO grips. I have had them on half a dozen different bikes, they're great.

Are the Progrip 714 open ended?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of Progrips 717, they are very grippy, what i love about them is that you can really have an extremely light hold on the bars and still fell like you are in control because the grips have such good grip.

The only problem i have with them is that they are soft and will wear fast, mine show wear after less than 1000 miles, i doubt they will do more than 5000.

They are open ended.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Grip puppies are the answer. Cheap, easy to install and they work.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using tapatalk HD

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Debating getting some Grip Puppies for my 2007 FZ6. Had some questions:
  • Do you leave the bar ends on when doing the soap / water application?
  • Are the stock grips on the FZ6 small enough diameter that you don't need the soap / water application?
  • What things do you need to watch out for when doing the water / soap application? What about drying the grips out?

Where are y'all buying them? CA Sport Touring is the only reseller. Is eBay reliable for this product?

Thanks,
nthdegreeburns

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine at CA Sport Touring and removed the bar ends during installation. Got the grips and the puppies nice and wet and slid them right on. No real issues. Took 5 minutes

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
I just put some Grip Puppies on last weekend. Removed the bar ends, put a bit of soap/water on the inside of the Puppies and the outside of my current grips and they slid on pretty easy. After about 30 minutes I checked them and they were nice and tight.

For me, they are much more comfortable than the stock grips. Putting on heated grips this weekend and may continue using them if I don't like the feel of the Oxford grip.

Chris

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
After putting some miles on with and without the Grip puppies I like the feel much better with them. They were very easy to install. They said to use hairspray so that is what I did. I left my bar ends on btw. The hardest thing I think was cutting a nice smoothe line.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
After putting some miles on with and without the Grip puppies I like the feel much better with them. They were very easy to install. They said to use hairspray so that is what I did. I left my bar ends on btw. The hardest thing I think was cutting a nice smoothe line.

Nice smooth line? So you still have to trim them down before they what? Come over the bar ends? Get caught / stuck on the bar ends?

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
hello

i just ordered some Grab On Grips to get started as they are inexpensive and easy to install. i recently bought some new gloves and while i like them they are thinner in fabric compared to my usual leather, and the hands feel really hard against the grips in comparison. even my weight leaning on the bars seems more pronounced. after some time on the bike i noticed myself taking a hand off and shaking it around to loosen it up. something i haven't done in a long time

another reason i got 'em is i found this vid of a FZ6 owner putting them on, easy as pie. thought i'd post the vid for those wondering just how the Grab On Grips will install on the FZ6. looks like it might be $10 well spent

Grab On grip Covers - YouTube

Last edited:

fedexguy

Reaction score
Visit site
i cant get the small bolts out on the end of the handgrips out what kind of tool i tried a hex key 5mm 6mm no go thanks

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
^^^ FedEx Guy, I now have ThrottleMeister bar ends on my bike, the diameter is just slightly smaller than the flange on the end of the handgrip, so I just pulled the new Grip Puppies over everything (I can't even remember what the original bar ends looked like). Use plenty of soapy water, and they go on pretty easily.

The only problem i have with them is that they are soft and will wear fast, mine show wear after less than 1000 miles, i doubt they will do more than 5000.

Grip Puppies eventually wear out too, I just figure they're like tires, need a new set every so often.