Anyone see the new Honda line up?

Jessica Rabbit

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you seen the 2013 honda line up released last night? I was worried I might be sad that I didn't wait and impulsively bought the FZ6. But no I'm good. I wouldn't mind a test drive on the new cb500f tho.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
it looks fun, and might sell well, especially if people worry about looks and efficiency more than top end speed

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
The CB500X could be interesting if it would give me more leg room, but I'd miss the FZ6 top end punch and power for two-up riding.

I really like the styling of the classic CB1100, but at 500+ lbs, 3.9 gallon gas tank and a $11,000 price I am not really interested. The Kawi W800 would be a better bet for a retro.

Promising new bikes from Honda as I think they are responding to the success Ducati ,Triumph and BMW have had by offering a wider range of models. Look for a classic Airhead from BMW soon and a possible competitor to the Diavel.

Now, for Yamaha to come back out with a light weight RD350. That might interest me or better yet a 750 Super tenere.
Yamaha RD 350 4 stroke to be launched in 2013

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I think the 600 looks pretty sporty... certainly not boring.

honda-updates-the-2013-cbr600rr-middleweight-sport-bike-medium_1.jpg

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the 600 looks pretty sporty... certainly not boring.

honda-updates-the-2013-cbr600rr-middleweight-sport-bike-medium_1.jpg

But would you buy it before an R6 or the 636 Ninja? I wouldn't. The Kawi comes standard with a steering stabilizer, and the Yami is a more interesting bike. Also im not a huge fan of the undertail exhausts. I like them on the FZ6 because for me the FZ is an ST bike.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, just saw the new CB500's this morning. Very nice to see a manufacturer thinking about the lightweight class of bikes, espcially in the US market. Yamaha hasn't been interested since they dropped the FZR400, Suzuki seems to still participate with the GS500, and if Kaw still has the EX500, it is way overdue for a redesign. The CB500's are just another option for an entry level bike. 4 valves\cylinder and FI - all good.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, just saw the new CB500's this morning. Very nice to see a manufacturer thinking about the lightweight class of bikes, espcially in the US market. Yamaha hasn't been interested since they dropped the FZR400, Suzuki seems to still participate with the GS500, and if Kaw still has the EX500, it is way overdue for a redesign. The CB500's are just another option for an entry level bike. 4 valves\cylinder and FI - all good.

the honda 5s are twins, sorry:(

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you guys think of the new wing? :confused:
Looks to me like they are attemtping to look like a road glide, or whatever HD calls their monstrosety..
Honda Motorcycle

GL1800_Bagger_HONDA-2697.jpg

Except for the stubby screen, I kind of like it. I wouldn't buy one but shedding some of the considerable bulk (or at least the appearance of it) is a good thing in my book.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
Except for the stubby screen, I kind of like it. I wouldn't buy one but shedding some of the considerable bulk (or at least the appearance of it) is a good thing in my book.

I like it alot. My dad rides a 2006 wing and I always thought they were a boring old man's bike, but after I rode it for a while, I learned I was wrong (about the boring part at least). They are quick, super stable, and handle surprisingly well. they really don't feel that big to me when riding it. I think the "bulk" is mostly visual weight. most people don't need the "trunk" anyways. the huge side cases are enough for a couple people to pack clothes for a pretty long trip. I agree that a taller windsheild, preferably adjustable, would be great on this bike.

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I agree, and as my age reaches closer to 50, I may consider picking one of these up.
Add set of 4 valve heads, and a set of headers, might just be the thing for a couch on wheels..:BLAA:

All kidding aside, the engine on wings are super smooth, and I'm sure it would outperform anything with a HD logo on it..lol..

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you seen the 2013 honda line up released last night? I was worried I might be sad that I didn't wait and impulsively bought the FZ6. But no I'm good. I wouldn't mind a test drive on the new cb500f tho.

Mrs. Lefty and I are going to the IMS in NorCal this weekend as she is looking for a new bike. We're actually excited about all the new bikes in the half/quarter liter category that should be at the show. :thumbup:

Oh, and by the way...welcome to the forum! :rockon:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding the CBR600RR, I hate the new front. The headlights just... bug me. But rather than bash on it, I'll simply state that I don't want one.

The goldwing: YES! As a 22 year old guy, this is totally a step in the right direction for the wing! My dad rides a 1995 Goldwing 1500... it is the ugliest bike I've ever seen (My family actually calls it the "battlestar galactica" because it's just huge)

My neighbor has a 2007 1800 in that burgundy and it looks sharp-er... But this looks very slick, albeit a bit too big still for a single rider.

Overall, Honda's lineup is a success in my opinion. Between the new wing and the new 500's they definitely hit the mark this year.

Definitely more impressive than what I saw out of Ducati (Sorry ducs), but the new KTM 390 and 1290 were both very impressive, so I think it's a tossup between KTM and Honda for the best new bikes (unless someone brings something else to my attention) ;)