Anyone use a "comfort seat"?

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the Yamaha comfort seat for my '07 FZ6. I have hopes of it being a little easier on me on 300 mile days. Anyone have any experience? Did I just waste $190?

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck.

I've read a number of messages here that the "Comfort Seat" is not exactly comfortable.

I bought a spare original seat on fleaBay, carved it to fit my bony rear better, and added some better foam. Tremendous difference. Can run the twisties all day without going numb in the bum.

Hope the seat works for you

milezero5

Reaction score
Visit site
When i bought my 05, the previous owner put the comfort seat on. Is it the best and worth the price, no not really. But it does depend on the person, I have ridden on it all day and havent that much discomfort. Its definetly better than the stock seat, which sucked horribly. For some reason the firmness on it helps my back posture and my back issues. If you plan on doing long distance riding I would say get a better one or redo that one, as for around town and occasional rides it great.

Fuzzy 6

Reaction score
Visit site
Being a big guy and using the Yamaha Factory Comfort Seat for the last year
logging both daily commutes and longer 'hot day' tours, I have found that the seat is a great alternative to the stock seat. Hope you will find the same to be true.
Fuzzy

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Had one sold it,,,, Then i redid the seat my sefl for 20 bucks and WOW.... Now i can ride all day with not one issue.

k1c

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm giving this a shot. If it's no good I'll spend the extra for an Airhawk.

Dino

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Airhawk and it works great, but I had trouble getting my feet solidly on the ground at stops. Bought a Corbin which was better, but I just got a Bill Mayer which I hope will be the last seat I buy for this machine. Sat on it last night and it "feels" like it will be a big improvement.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the comfort seat and I'm happy with it . It is definitely better than the stock seat to me because it is more rounded and does not put the pressure point on the inner thigh like the squarer edges of the stock seat. I can ride a lot longer without butt fatigue than with the stock seat.

My only complaint is that the gel pad should be bigger and that it tends to hold heat, so the seat is hot for a long time when the big is parked in the sun in the summer.

As with most things a lot depends on the person.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got it and installed it and I can already see that it is an improvement over stock. Have only logged about 5 mies on it so far, so only time will tell. Hope to get a nice long ride in tomorrow.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I now have a little over 2K miles on the Confort Seat. Is it as nice as a Corbin? well no. I have had corbins on other bikes and really liked them. but until they make a Smugler for the FZ, I won't buy one for the FZ. (At this point not too likely to happen.)Never had a TS, so can't comment on that. Is it a big improvment over stock. Most definately. So I am happy with the purchase.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you feel that the Comfort Seat is either a bit lower, or narrower than the OEM seat? IOW, do you think it would give a person with shorter legs and bit more "foot" on the ground?

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually it is slightly taller and wider, so the short answer to your question is no. I was looking for the oposite of what you are looking for, a bit more room to the pegs and I found it.
I wish you luck with your search for a lower seat. Perhaps look into a local shop that can modify the stock seat by shaving it. I think there is a thread/sticky about that.

ADVdrming

Superstar
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the Yamaha comfort seat for my '07 FZ6. I have hopes of it being a little easier on me on 300 mile days. Anyone have any experience? Did I just waste $190?

Sabre: I have an '09 that came with the comfort seat stock. 300 miles on it - i was feeling them. My less common solution was to get a couple sheepskins (<Alaska Leather> Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad - Motorcycle Seat Covers - Alaska Leather Home Page), and add them on top of the existing seat. My gf and I did 500 mi 2 up w/out any issues, really comfortable et al. The total cost was less than $50 for rider and pillion, so it was definetly cheaper than your cost.

Sorry mate, hope you get some good use out of it, or get some good $ for it. At least it's a good seat for daily commute :thumbup:

Cheers!