Anyone With 04-06 Want Swingarm Sliders

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
After out riding with a buddy and seeing how well his axle sliders performed in a low speed crash, I am trying to get the rear swingarm/axle slider from Motovation USA.

Problem: Motovation discontinued the kit for the 2004-2006 FZ6 so they are no longer available.

Possible solution: their rep said if I could get 10 people who want a kit they would do another production run and they would be ready for purchase from their website in 3-4 weeks.

Anyone with a 2004-2006 interested?

Others have posted about their Motovation rear axle sliders on the forum for years and these appear to be one of the best and only options for swingarm protection if you don't want to drill and tap the swingarm in order to use traditional spools. The Motovation sliders use a SS rod that goes through the axle bolt and the pucks secure to the two ends of the rod.

Here is a link to the description and a few pics on another retailers website and I will attach a couple pics too.

Motovation Rear Axle Sliders for FZ6 07-13 - SoloMotoParts.com

Motovation sells them for a little less - $65.00 for the kit. (They removed the listing from their website so I can't find it or post the link.)

And if anyone knows of another swingarm slider option for the 05 please let me know. Searched the web, fleabay, etc, and can't find anything but spools.

Thanks!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do they even help in the event of a lowside or drop? I'm thinking the angle of lean, your framesliders would take the brunt of the fall, maybe even your pegs.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do they even help in the event of a lowside or drop? I'm thinking the angle of lean, your framesliders would take the brunt of the fall, maybe even your pegs.
Hi Kenny, when I dropped mine in the street out front of my house the peg took the brunt of the fall I got a graze on the grab bar, a little mark on my bar end, the frame slider wore down as it should and the front axle slider copped a little mark, but rather that than a big graze on the fork. It was actually Wolfman that recomended the axle sliders to me. Maybe the rear is overkill I don't know, but I'd rather have it than be looking at big ol' gravel rash marks on the swing arm

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks agf. That is pretty much exactly what I am looking for, but it looks like they may not ship to the USA. The Kenma site says, "Many items are no longer eligible for sale or shipment to international destinations outside of Australia."

Even if they do sell to the the US, kits are $99 plus international shipping...so $100+. Would like to only spend $65 for the Motovation sliders and get comparable protection.

VegasRider, I thought the same thing and have only had frame sliders to date, but yes, these offer additional protection for forks, brake components, swingarm, etc, and they seem like a decent investment.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Judd, I run sliders on all my bikes (except for track), generally frame, front and rear axle sliders.

My '04 doesn't have slider mount tabs on the swingarm, like yours I assume, so for both front and rear I bought some T-Rex spool/sliders (other Delrin sliders are fine since they're sacrificial anyway), bought some inexpensive threaded rod at Home Depot or Lowe's, cut to length and ran the rod through the center of the hollow axle. Works well, and yes, I've tested them. Someday I'll grow up.

Went with the combo spool/sliders since I removed my center stand and sometimes use bike stands, the spools are more secure due to their shape than sliders alone. You may not care.

These have saved my tank, forks, seat, and other pricey bits on occasion. These, as well as the bar ends and grab bar on the back take the brunt, which is what I want to accomplish.

There is a potential downside in that sliders may "hook" the ground and cause the bike to flip rather than lowside, but I tend to doubt whether sliders themselves really add much to that potential anyway.

For what it's worth....

Good luck, ride safe

Last edited: