AXIO Yamaha R Tail Bag 2.0 (And Motobarn bouns shot)

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really sure that this qualifies as a Modification, its a tail bag.

But it is a NEW AXIO tail bag designed speciffically for the R1 /R6 Yamaha and available via a
Dealer or Ebay. At least that is the story I got from the seller. There isn't a lot of info on this
bag out there. Mine was "Damaged stock" that has 'Finish Flaws do to packaging". Honestly, I
can't find them. There is or was a guy on Ebay selling them for 59$+18 shipping. I bought two.
Blue and Black, Blue has yet to arrive but I think it will be too 'blue' and I'll likely end up painting it
flat black and mounting it on my red bike. Anyhow.... on to the pictures..
IMG_1426.jpg

2 Back pad is thin and Velcroed on. The entire pad surface is Velcro on the back side, as is the
entire area under it. This is not a back rest. There is no real strength in the bag itself. I suppose
it might stop me from flying off the back if I somehow managed to completely lose the bike. How
that would happen I don't know...
IMG_1428.jpg

3 The 'skirt' on the bag matches the Corbin carbon pattern nicely. Straps run under the seat,
in front of the lock. It took a bit of pushing to get the seat to click in and you have to press
down on the seat to relieve pressure on the latch to unlock it. Not an excessive amount but
a bit.
IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

6 Jacket liner, Jeans, Glasses, cargo net and gloves. Pretty much fills it up.
IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1433.jpg

8 Cheep version of the MotoBarn. Lag bolted to the driveway. Does a nice job of keeping her
clean in the foul weather.
IMG_1436.jpg

9 Open. The metal clip on the ground is a fence / door part designed to use a 2x4 as a barricade
type lock. I've bolted that down with concrete anchors and run the lock chain through that.
Essentially bolting my bike to the driveway.
IMG_1437.jpg

Last edited:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the capacity of the tail bag?

I wish I could tell ya beyond a jacket liner and a pair of jeans. I had found a PDF of the press release but I can't now. Odd. It has been a hard product to find information on. The guy I bought it from said that the initial product run had surface damage in shipping due to bubble wrap and they were not doing a second run until the fall. Maybe they are pulling advert because of it. Yamaha's sites show them as options but do not give specs. If I remember correctly the Dimensions are 13" x 13" x 7" but the taper would make a standard volume equation useless. One of the reasons I packed it and took pics. I'll check the tags when I get home to see if they have it there.

Found another cheep one...

AXIO R1 TAILBAG BLUE TAIL BAG NEW SPORT BIKE LUGGAGE: eBay Motors (item 120595781463 end time Jul-23-10 17:18:12 PDT)

Motohead

Reaction score
Visit site
I cut off the zipper head and tails above the taillight. Installed a shortened zip ty instead. Also, I always position the big zipper heads at the front of the bag. Eliminate any rubbing on the paint. As for capacity, it is too small for shoes or any outer jacket. Perfect for a day ride but not designed for anything else. I wish they would make the same design but expandable by
3x.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Damn. I paid $160 direct from Axio for that bag a few months ago. Good find!

Thanks. I was searching ebay every now and again when the bug to get one bit. I bid on the blue one right away and then looked at the picture. It wasn't the original bag that I had in mind. After searching for a bit, I worried that it might be counterfeit. Then I finally found it on Yamaha's site and bid on the black one. (that was actually ending sooner). The guy had 3 or 4 at the time and nobody was bidding. Now he has none listed. I'm happy with it so far. And like VEGASRIDER, I carry a net in case I need a bit more room. I occasionally stop for groceries on the way home and I know I'll need it then. :)

I do like not having the tank bag up front. It was a tiny JR Manta and a good bag but I hated pulling it on and of the tank. It is too easy to steal for me to leave it behind.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Good find, sxty8goats, and I was actually looking at that blue one on eBay today. That's a great price on them.

I've wanted this bag for a long time and would always swing and miss on either here or eBay when one came up. But I'm buying the one that was listed here for sale a couple of days ago and I'm pumped! I'm making out just about as good as the eBay ones at $85 shipped, so I'm pretty darn happy. It's the matte black one and that's the one I wanted all along.

That's a sweet find on eBay!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the post sixty8goats. I'm thinking about adding a tail bag and your pics are the best illustration of how it looks in real life on an FZ6. :thumbup:
Great deal btw, someone here on CL had an almost new one for $50 I'll have to see if it's still available.
Thanks again.