Ayrton Senna edition 1199 S Panigale

i fail to see the connection between the Greatest F1 driver of all time and an overrated italian supersport bike made by a company that never had any affiliation with said driver. if it was a JPS themed Lotus or Caterham i would understand.

The trim does look nice, but seems way underpowered for the model. My FZ shouldn't have similar power figures to a bike tribute of Senna...

Sent from my crappy old android phone using Tapatalk.

i fail to see the connection between the Greatest F1 driver of all time and an overrated italian supersport bike made by a company that never had any affiliation with said driver. if it was a JPS themed Lotus or Caterham i would understand.

I knew Senna had ties with Ducati and/or the head of Ducati, but had to Google this.
"Ducati had a strong relationship with Senna, who last visited their factory just a few weeks before his fatal race in Imola, Italy. Back in 1995, Ducati offered a special-edition version of the 916SP, which featured the color scheme Senna picked for his personal bike. Just 300 examples of this superbike were offered."

As for overrated, I've had a lot of bikes and test riden even more. I've owned a FZ6 and currently have an 09 FZ1 in the garage. All I can say is that no bike I've ever been on puts a smile on my face like the 2004 Senna Grey Ducati ST4S in our garage, and I have no idea why.

The trim does look nice, but seems way underpowered for the model. My FZ shouldn't have similar power figures to a bike tribute of Senna...

Sent from my crappy old android phone using Tapatalk.

Great looking bike!

I think the 106 HP rating is a typo and was supposed to say 160 HP. :)

Great looking bike!

I think the 106 HP rating is a typo and was supposed to say 160 HP. :)

the 899 puts out 148hp. but the 848 is no more powerful than the standard 600cc SS bikes and only has 8 fewer HP than the new 899.

maybe its just the fact that ducati is too stubborn to make a competitive bike anymore and the fact that they have to have the rules changed to accommodate for this. i just dont like the new Ducs. i think they're ugly, and yes, ive seen them in person, and no, they wont grow on me. just seems kinda ballsy to put a champions name on a noncompetitive machine (the 800 triples & 750 I4 bikes will blow it outta the water).

He was a very close friend of the Castigoloni brothers. Part proceeds of the bike, to be released in Brazil, are going to Ayrton's charity. There ya go - the link :) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Back