Ayrton Senna edition 1199 S Panigale

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i fail to see the connection between the Greatest F1 driver of all time and an overrated italian supersport bike made by a company that never had any affiliation with said driver. if it was a JPS themed Lotus or Caterham i would understand.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
The trim does look nice, but seems way underpowered for the model. My FZ shouldn't have similar power figures to a bike tribute of Senna...

Sent from my crappy old android phone using Tapatalk.

J_Slyter

Reaction score
Visit site
i fail to see the connection between the Greatest F1 driver of all time and an overrated italian supersport bike made by a company that never had any affiliation with said driver. if it was a JPS themed Lotus or Caterham i would understand.

I knew Senna had ties with Ducati and/or the head of Ducati, but had to Google this.
"Ducati had a strong relationship with Senna, who last visited their factory just a few weeks before his fatal race in Imola, Italy. Back in 1995, Ducati offered a special-edition version of the 916SP, which featured the color scheme Senna picked for his personal bike. Just 300 examples of this superbike were offered."

As for overrated, I've had a lot of bikes and test riden even more. I've owned a FZ6 and currently have an 09 FZ1 in the garage. All I can say is that no bike I've ever been on puts a smile on my face like the 2004 Senna Grey Ducati ST4S in our garage, and I have no idea why.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The trim does look nice, but seems way underpowered for the model. My FZ shouldn't have similar power figures to a bike tribute of Senna...

Sent from my crappy old android phone using Tapatalk.

Great looking bike!

I think the 106 HP rating is a typo and was supposed to say 160 HP. :)

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike!

I think the 106 HP rating is a typo and was supposed to say 160 HP. :)

the 899 puts out 148hp. but the 848 is no more powerful than the standard 600cc SS bikes and only has 8 fewer HP than the new 899.

maybe its just the fact that ducati is too stubborn to make a competitive bike anymore and the fact that they have to have the rules changed to accommodate for this. i just dont like the new Ducs. i think they're ugly, and yes, ive seen them in person, and no, they wont grow on me. just seems kinda ballsy to put a champions name on a noncompetitive machine (the 800 triples & 750 I4 bikes will blow it outta the water).

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He was a very close friend of the Castigoloni brothers. Part proceeds of the bike, to be released in Brazil, are going to Ayrton's charity. There ya go - the link :) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited: