Backpacks for riding

viper_2031

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the best packs for riding long and short distances and in all types of weather, also what type of rain gear do you guys wear?

I HAD an Ogio bag that was the best bag ever, comfy and it had a laptop pocket and it was well organized with the pockets. Very much the best backpack i have ever owned....

Note: the "HAD" in this post is in reference to the fact that now Keira HAS the bag and i no longer have the use of it....

Bought a Marmot whirlwind bag it is really sweet; probably not too good for long hauls unless you pack light holds 15 liters. Very Streamlined though and overall very comfortable with the airflow system. Whirlwind Details | marmot.com
Got mine online at usoutdoorstore.com, free shipping also!
I almost forgot it also has a handy rain fly! very good in Louisiana when the rain comes out of nowhere!

I bought a Mobile Edge Secure Pack about a month ago so that I could carry my laptop to work and back. It has been great. It will hold a 17in laptop and everything I used to take in my soft-sided briefcase in the truck. Best thing is that it only opens from the back. It cannot open while wearing it, so you don't have to worry about a pocket coming open while riding. It is a little large, but so am I. Also has reflective piping and an mp3 player compartment with a pass through for the headphone wires.

Mobile Edge | SecurePack by Mobile Edge

items_him.asp

Bought a large waterproof backpack, it must be a "small" hiking bag. I used it before for 2-day trips. It also has straps all over the circumference to keep the stuff inside stable and close to your body, large compartment and thick padding on the back. Plus chest and waist straps. Anything I could ask for in a backpack is there. Got it off ebay for $50. The brand is APB (American Pig Brand :D). I wasn't able to find a link to post it here...

I bought a Mobile Edge Secure Pack about a month ago so that I could carry my laptop to work and back. It has been great. It will hold a 17in laptop and everything I used to take in my soft-sided briefcase in the truck. Best thing is that it only opens from the back. It cannot open while wearing it, so you don't have to worry about a pocket coming open while riding. It is a little large, but so am I. Also has reflective piping and an mp3 player compartment with a pass through for the headphone wires.

Mobile Edge | SecurePack by Mobile Edge

items_him.asp

Big Joe, I like the looks of that bag. Question for you, is there enough room for gym clothes with the laptop in? E.g. Sneaks, shorts, shirt...

I have put a change of clothes in it before with my laptop. I think the gym shoes may be overstuffing it a little too much.

I use one like this black one. It's a sling pack so it is easy on/off.

02230.jpg

Back