Bad Day..

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride over to my parents house.. pulled up on the driveway and sat down to chat with my dad.. about 10 mins later the driveway apparently has holes under it because the kickstand went right through a hole and the bike fell over.. 2nd time since 05!!

damage done:

scrapped the clutch lever, scraped the stator cover, LSL Slider tooke the brunt and now it says SL (one of the L's got scuffed off) and my v46 givi topcase has some scratches where it says V46.. oh and the foot peg is bent a little... not really anything bad.. so we picked it up, rolled it into the garage and started it.. runs fine!!

but then i notice the rear tire and i have no idea how this happened, but i can see the steel belt in the center and the tires not really that old... when it rains right!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_0498_zpscefec78c.jpg

IMG_0501_zps97532ac8.jpg

IMG_0500_zps61ed505f.jpg

IMG_0502_zps295a5d12.jpg

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just looked up some reviews on this tire and apparently "it happens".. only like 8k on the tires and the fronts look great still.. not to happy, but what can you do..

cause was the pavement had a hole underneath and i happen to put the kick stand down right on top of it.. id take a picture, but my dad already filled it in..

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Bro 8k on the tires, showing thread -- and they're not that old?? DEFINITELY time for a new tire man.

I just looked up some reviews on this tire and apparently "it happens".. only like 8k on the tires and the fronts look great still.. not to happy, but what can you do..

cause was the pavement had a hole underneath and i happen to put the kick stand down right on top of it.. id take a picture, but my dad already filled it in..

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. old as in i seem to only get around 8k per rear either due to wear or a nail.. i would liek something that can get near 10k... Im looking at the Pirelli Angel GT, since i really enjoyed the tire overall and would like to stay in that family.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride over to my parents house.. pulled up on the driveway and sat down to chat with my dad.. about 10 mins later the driveway apparently has holes under it because the kickstand went right through a hole and the bike fell over.. 2nd time since 05!!

damage done:

scrapped the clutch lever, scraped the stator cover, LSL Slider tooke the brunt and now it says SL (one of the L's got scuffed off) and my v46 givi topcase has some scratches where it says V46.. oh and the foot peg is bent a little... not really anything bad.. so we picked it up, rolled it into the garage and started it.. runs fine!!

but then i notice the rear tire and i have no idea how this happened, but i can see the steel belt in the center and the tires not really that old... when it rains right!!

What kind of tire is the rear (just curious)?

There's a bunch of tread on the sides. Unless your doing a bunch of burnouts, you might want to consider a dual compound tire (harder in the middle, softer sides) as that seems would help your rear tire wear.

Sucks for the non attended, tip over too :(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well.. old as in i seem to only get around 8k per rear either due to wear or a nail.. i would liek something that can get near 10k... Im looking at the Pirelli Angel GT, since i really enjoyed the tire overall and would like to stay in that family.
8K is pretty good for a modern rear tyre. If you suspect premature wear over inflation may be the cause.

Nelly

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be disappointed if I didn't get at least 10k miles out of my tires. I've gotten almost 18k on a couple of sets.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would be disappointed if I didn't get at least 10k miles out of my tires. I've gotten almost 18k on a couple of sets.
Are you talking miles or kilometers?
My last set of tyres only lasted 6500 miles, I regularly checked inflation levels.
I do run in the higher rpms though.

Nelly

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
i do run them more toward the max pressure.. maybe i should aim more for the middle...

That's part of your problem. Don't go by what the tires say the max is, go by what the manual says to set them at. It'll be different front/rear. You'll probably notice some better handling too, however slight. People always do this on bikes and their cars too... it does make a difference. The vehicle was designed with those pressures in mind.

I put PRII's on my FZ when I had it, loved them. Sold the bike to my roommate, he still has them on it. They're getting squared away a bit now, he does mostly highway and is quite a bit heavier than I am. I'd estimate they're at around 8k miles right now though, bands not showing through.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
My first two sets did that. Got more confident. I tend to wear them more evenly now.

Not saying you don't know how to ride, it's his everywhere you go must be straight or you spend alot of time on the free ways is what the deal is. When I was I tx mine wore on middle because its Interstate everywhere. Now that I'm back in the country, I can lean more often giving me a nice even tread wear.

But I would suggest not riding like that please. For your own safety

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea its the same problem for the car (which also needs new tires). I just like the feel of a maxed out tire.. but either way, i think back to how i ride, no stunting or wheelies or such, but i guess i am a tad aggressive on the throttle at times.. im sure its a combination of things, but overall i was very happy with the tire.. going to wait till Thursday (new month) to see if anyone is having sales on the Angel GT's.

as for the broken parts, they are all on their way thanks to a Forum member here and ebay!! Not going to worry about the stator cover, as a little scuffing is not that big of a deal. Bike still looks new!!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My first two sets did that. Got more confident. I tend to wear them more evenly now.

Not saying you don't know how to ride, it's his everywhere you go must be straight or you spend alot of time on the free ways is what the deal is. When I was I tx mine wore on middle because its Interstate everywhere. Now that I'm back in the country, I can lean more often giving me a nice even tread wear.

But I would suggest not riding like that please. For your own safety

its a mix. i do a decent amount of highway, but a decent amount of back road..

its not that i ride like an a$$hat, but i have my fun where i know its "-safer-". but overall i drive like a grandma (and there is nothing wrong with that!!!).

although recently come to think about it, i have been doing alot more highway / strait line riding over the life of those tires.. oh well.. cant complain all that much, just wish i was more aware of how the tire wears and kinda disapointed in myself for not doing a one over on the bike before i went out ridding that day.. just goes to show you how important pre-ride inspections can be..:thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site