Beer Thread

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I love beer, and since there are so many kinds and brands of it, I would just go with the ones that first come to my head.

Like: (In no particular order)

Stella
Heineken
Red Stripe
Bud Select
Aguila (Colombian)
Pilsen (Colombian)
Guinness

Not that much:

Any other mass production american beer
Corona

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Favorites
Guinness
New Castle Brown Ale
Shiner Bock
Sam Adams
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale

The worst beer I ever drank was pilsner urquell. It's been a few years since I had it but I never want to try one again.

Last edited:

a_sick1

2004 FZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Good Beer:
Anything that comes in a 40:iconbeer:
Spaten
Samuel Adams
Red Stripe
Newcastle
Coors
Heineken

Bad beer
Miller
Any light beer

I likes me a good scotch too:thumbup:

B

Belly

My fav ones are Kingfisher Milds Lager, Carlsberg, Budwiser, Cobra :p etc

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Coopers Pale Ale...best beer in the world....was voted such once, and i have travelled lots, cuts it with most i reckon.

Love
Coopers Pale Ale
Coopers Sparkiling Ale
Toohey's Extra Dry
Redback
Miller Draught - i the summer, when it's real hot, by the pool, with a slice of lime in the top of the bottle...it's an aquirred taste!

:thumbup:

FX_Allen

Noobie Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
never enjoyed beer too much... but johnny walker/crown/greygoose/etc i prefer... if i had to choose a beer id say guiness or new castle...

black and tan is good too

Hondo64d

Reaction score
Visit site
I seem to keep Ziegen Bock in the fridge more than anything else now. Have one in front of me as I type this! :D Shiner Bock and Amber Bock aren't bad either.

Favorites had to be both the Heffe Weisens and Crystal Weisens I drank while in Germany.

John

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I tend to like the red & dark beers if I can find one that is not bitter. The best I had was a local "dunkel" brew in Austria. Dark, but no bitter aftertaste at all. It has ruined me for all other beer, and I cannot remember the name of it. It was brewed by the owner of the restaurant.

+1 on Crown Royal

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
best in this area

DortmunderBottle.jpg

Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland, Ohio

some beer music

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTxINWXNrPA"]YouTube - Beer Beer Beer[/ame]

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCPhIjmk-s"]YouTube - Beer Run[/ame]

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not fond of beer either... But I do like Leinie's Berry Weiss and love Woodchuck Cider. Had Labott's Velvet Cream Porter once (long time ago) and thought that wasn't too bad, but I have never been able to find it in the states.

If I do have to drink beer, I like to dilute it with bloody mary mix.

A trip to Kentucky and a jaunt on the Bourbon trail opened up the world of Bourbons to me and that is now my drink of choice...

Reaction score
Visit site
not really a beer...but just out of curiousity has anyone heard of a shot called a "naked pretzel" if so, whats in it?!

i had just a few ;) at an olive garden a couple months ago and every bar and restaraunt i go to have never heard of it...

it kinda tastes like a banana...but i wouldn't recommend taking 12 in about 20 min haha

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... The beer world has been thrust upon me... That being said, I have limited experience with beer. Don't really like what I've had, but haven't had anything worth drinking. Knob Creek is my fav drink of all time... Love that aftertaste. I know it's not a beer, but my love of this drink warrants mentioning. I'm curious about american guiness vs. true irish guiness. I'll have to try some on my trip across the puddle this summer. Stopping in Ireland, Scotland, and England. So while there what would you guys recommend I make sure to try? Only been saving since sopho year high school, so wanna make it worth while.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, I'll have to finally jump in here. I don't want to sound like a drunk, but beer is my true addiction. Smittyboy, you live in Wisconsin, go try some New Glarus beers, they are only available in Wisconsin. For those of you who think you don't like beer, well, you probably haven't read this far anyway. There are beers out there for every taste, from coffee, clove, cherry, peach, apple, coconut, peanut, sweet, sour, bitter, oakey, and everything in between.

I have been a homebrewer for nearly 20 years. I have spent many days at beer festivals, including the Great American Beer Festival in Denver CO with 2052 beers available.

Some of my favorites:

Stone Smoked Porter
Stone Ruination
Oskar Blues Gordon
New Holland Dragons Milk
Chimay Grand Reserve
Cantillon St. Lamvinus
La Chouffe Houblon Chouffe
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Mayflower Porter (Mayflower only available in MA right now)
Mayflower IPA
Weinstephaner
Dogfishhead 90 Minute IPA
Southern Tier Creme Brulee
Boulder Hazed and Infuzed

And of course, most of the beers I brew. Watermelon Wheat seems to be a favorite of my friends and family.

Cheers:beer:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the Watermellon Wheat a sweet beer like some of the raspberries can be?