Bi Xenon Projectors

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone
first of all please excuse my english :(

I want to shared with you guys my headlight mods, i installed a morimoto mini h1 kit, bi xenon projectors. And i installed too a couple of white led in pod lights

first my olds pod light (yellow), and compared with the new leds (white)

DSCF2299.JPG

DSCF2304.JPG

DSCF2306.JPG

the led light are a lot more bright than the old yellows, but you all know that the cameras adjust the focus and light when you shoot, but are a lot brighter

here you can see against the wall, yellows first and then whites

DSCF2301.JPG

DSCF2308.JPG

and now come the HID :)

first my old plug and play hid kit

low beam
DSCF2426.JPG

low + high beam
DSCF2425.JPG

well, not bad ;) anyway a better light than the old old halogen stock

but.....

now THE PROJECTORS :eek:

low beam (just one projector turned on)
DSCF2533.JPG

low beam (two projectors turned on)
DSCF2539.JPG

and high beam (2 projectors)
DSCF2543.JPG

from a little steps behind

low beam
DSCF2549.JPG

high beam
DSCF2550.JPG

DSCF2551.JPG

and how they look

before
N5530_549.jpg

N5530_522.jpg

after
N5530_648a.jpg

DSCF2505.JPG

and some more pics compared with an standar FZ6 of a friend of mine

DSCF2877.JPG

DSCF2879.JPG

DSCF2873.JPG

here some other pics of the installation
https://picasaweb.google.com/pattrask/Proyectores

and finally how they work

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGQ__-gBC9s]Yamaha FZ6 S2 - Morimoto Mini H1 Bi Xenon Projector (V3) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf56tfibufw]Yamaha FZ6 S2 - Morimoto Mini H1 Bi Xenon Projector (V1) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41_hOxht2s]Yamaha FZ6 S2 - Morimoto Mini H1 Bi Xenon Projector (V2) - YouTube[/ame]

when you switch to high beam in the video you can "see" the movement of the curtain, but in real life you can't see that, is more quick, only the camera catch the effect

and then, when i turn both proyectors on, first you can see more bright, but then the camera adjust the light, but with 2 on are more light output, but in the video you can't see the effect :(

well that's all, sorry for the long post

bye

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fantastic! Amazing how much more projectors put out vs HIDs on this bike.
By the way, LOVE the color and decals on your bike!

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks so much guys for the nice words and the welcome :)

really love the projectors, i think they look better than standar reflector

but more important, the quality of the light and the beam are a HUGE improvement from the standar halogens, and include from the plug and play hid kit

in fact the bike improve from just one "headligh" for low beam, and one for high beam, to TWO for low and TWO for HIGH, so really put a lot of light down on the road :)

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done! I did the FX35 Infinity Bi-xenon retrofit into my FZ6 a couple years back...it is amazing compared to stock, morimotos are great performers for their tiny size.

Also, I LOVE the color scheme of your bike...that is factory, correct? Wish we had that here.

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
Well done! I did the FX35 Infinity Bi-xenon retrofit into my FZ6 a couple years back...it is amazing compared to stock, morimotos are great performers for their tiny size.
Also, I LOVE the color scheme of your bike...that is factory, correct? Wish we had that here.

yes sir, color scheme is factory :) :) love it too xD

that was the last, before yamaha discontinue the model :(

my first idea was install a 3in projector, but need to much work to retrofit a projector from a car, so it was much better and easy to use the 2.5in morimoto, because you install it in the same reflector hehe, and need less work :D

do you know if there are too much difference between the morimoto and the FX35??, in light output quality??

thanks

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this street legal and is it hard to do? Reason I ask on street legal is because with any car it is actually illegal to switch out the stock lighting for anything else other than halogen if it came with that or HID if it came with that. Didn't find this out until very recently.

I definately would be interested in doing this myself. One of my headlight covers is cracked I assume I would need to replace that as well?

MiLToS_666

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
This is fantastic, wish I could do that to my Fazer...:rolleyes:

Which led pod lights did you use, do you have a link?

I have used some cheap ones from ebay before but the light was not bright enough although it was very white.
Now I installed a pair of Philips BlueVision 5W5 and they are very bright but still not white... have that yellowish hue that I don't like...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
my first idea was install a 3in projector, but need to much work to retrofit a projector from a car, so it was much better and easy to use the 2.5in morimoto, because you install it in the same reflector hehe, and need less work :D

do you know if there are too much difference between the morimoto and the FX35??, in light output quality??

thanks

I actually know a lot about the Morimoto and the FX35 projector as I have been retrofitting them into car headlamps for years and have been testing them quite a lot. The FX35 Now has a replica projector called the FX-R ([url=http://www.theretrofitsource.com]The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications) [/URL]which performs about the same as the OEM FX35. The FX projector is about 10% wider with a brighter and taller highbeam in the center of the beam than Morimoto, otherwise they are pretty close. Both have that nice blue color and a sharp cutoff line on a wall.

THe FX-R is a bit more difficult to retrofit because you have to make aluminum mounting plates that replace the headlight reflectors, using the same black grommets that held the reflector and then the projector bolts to the mounting plate. Here is the write-up I made when I did this:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/36737-ultimate-fz6-bi-xenon-hid-projector-retrofit-infinity-fx35.html

Last edited:

svzxr650

Reaction score
Visit site
That looks great.

are you planning on painting the reflectors and shrouds black? or you like the stock look?

I had these projectors in my SV650S before i went naked bought a custom projector retrofitted streetfighter headlight.

Projectors is definetly the way to go, both for looks and light quality.

Last edited:

Rover da Niga

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually know a lot about the Morimoto and the FX35 projector as I have been retrofitting them into car headlamps for years and have been testing them quite a lot. The FX35 Now has a replica projector called the FX-R ([url=http://www.theretrofitsource.com]The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications) [/URL]which performs about the same as the OEM FX35. The FX projector is about 10% wider with a brighter and taller highbeam in the center of the beam than Morimoto, otherwise they are pretty close. Both have that nice blue color and a sharp cutoff line on a wall.
THe FX-R is a bit more difficult to retrofit because you have to make aluminum mounting plates that replace the headlight reflectors, using the same black grommets that held the reflector and then the projector bolts to the mounting plate. Here is the write-up I made when I did this:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/36737-ultimate-fz6-bi-xenon-hid-projector-retrofit-infinity-fx35.html

Thanks so much for your answer, i'm very clear now, and so sorry guys for post this so late :D

svzxr650 I left my headlight in stock color, I like the "chrome" look inside the housing :)

Here I have a couple of pics (low/high beam) in a back road, unfortunatly i forget to desactivate the flash of the camera.

DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG
DSC_0458.JPG

My next mod will be a couple of auxiliary spot led lights, I hope in the next month :)

:thumbup:

Lil Jim

Reaction score
Visit site
yes sir, color scheme is factory :) :) love it too xD

that was the last, before yamaha discontinue the model :(

thanks

hello friend!
so if i buy 3in projector would be better?they are selling some good HID projectors kits 3'' etc. will it fit into the headlight?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Jim - I have morimoto mini H1's in mine. these are 2.5". The fit is already tight with the shrouds using the mini gatling gund shrouds. Not saying it cannot be done with 3" projectors but I would think you should be prepared to shave off a bunch from the shroud to make it work. I am interested to hear how this goes and see photos. I bet the beam quality is excellent with the larger projectors. Thanks and good luch

Lil Jim

Reaction score
Visit site
Jim - I have morimoto mini H1's in mine. these are 2.5". The fit is already tight with the shrouds using the mini gatling gund shrouds. Not saying it cannot be done with 3" projectors but I would think you should be prepared to shave off a bunch from the shroud to make it work. I am interested to hear how this goes and see photos. I bet the beam quality is excellent with the larger projectors. Thanks and good luch

REALLY REALLY thank you for the answer. :rockon:
See this link please: 2x 3.0" Motorcycle Bike HID BI-XENON Projectors Lens Kit Halo Angel Devil Eye AC | eBay
this kit i want to buy. The seller says that no shrouds need. So this will be ok?!what do you think?
dont know if i mention that i want to put them at FZ6 Fazer S2 '07.

Also i think that it is full kit, no buy any extra accessories i think.

Lil Jim

Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you very much friend!
i am thinking buying this kit which does not want shrouds extra as seller told me.
what do you think?will it fit?
2X 3 0" Motorcycle Bike HID Bi Xenon Projectors Lens Kit Halo Angel Devil Eye AC | eBay

i think it is dont want any extra accessories the kit to buy extra.