Big Bear - CRASH PICTURES!!!

W

wrightme43

You think chicks dig guys that look like road grimed astronaughts with interesting X-rays? Your smoking rope. (aerostich.com)

Glad your ok man.

On the bike.

It'll buff out man. My dad's got a awesome set of tools.

Really glad your ok man.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that David,

I am glad that Rob is ok, and you didn't hit him.
Why did the recovery guy just drag the bike up the hill? Could one of you walked it up on its wheels?

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all of the well wishes guys and gals. Fortunately, my shoulder injuries are relatively minor. I have what's called a grade 3 AC separation (link to explaination)

It is non-surgical, but puts me out of riuding condition for a long time. I have to keep my arm in a sling for 2 months and do PT to get my strength and range of motion back. I plan on fixing the bike to be as good as new through my insurance. We originally thought there was only front end damage, but a ton of cosmetic damage was done to the rear as well. Thankfully the frame looks good and I'm pretty sure once I clean out the air box that it will fire right up. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

The one question is whether to keep the mini-fairing and my custom projectors or go to a naked bike. Thoughts?

If I go naked, you better help me Wavex.:rockon:
Get better soon mate,

It sucks being a patient doesn't it lol.

Nelly

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for that David,

I am glad that Rob is ok, and you didn't hit him.
Why did the recovery guy just drag the bike up the hill? Could one of you walked it up on its wheels?

Nelly

The few bikes I`ve seen being pulled out of canyons were always dragged up the hill like that... the tow truck guy doesn`t have time to worry about the additional scratches your wrecked bike will get on its way up... nor does he have liability coverage in case something happens to you while he is up by the truck taking care of the controls, and you try to keep the bike straight while pulling out... keep in mind it's 400lb+ on soft dirt on a sharp hill... not as easy as it may sound!

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
I looked at the pictures before reading and got very worried, but I'm glad that hear that you're alright man. Glad the projectors made it through :p

Let's get together and do some fun non-riding activities (since we're both out of commission).

Shoot -- hopefully you and Cali rider are still interested in my bike.... ? Recover quickly buddy.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
That's rough man, glad you're okay. Don't skimp on the PT. Your bike looks exactly like mine, chilling to see those pictures. Good luck, make a speedy recovery.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you David for showing us the photos. It was really sad to see the bike getting dragged.. but nice to see Rob sitting on the side of the road in FULL GEAR :steve: So happy to hear you will be okay, you are probably experiencing a lot of pain, and I hope you have help in your recovery; you know, someone to bake you cookies and brownies and stuff like that that helps you recoup.

Take good care of yourself while in the healing process..

Deb

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The few bikes I`ve seen being pulled out of canyons were always dragged up the hill like that... the tow truck guy doesn`t have time to worry about the additional scratches your wrecked bike will get on its way up... nor does he have liability coverage in case something happens to you while he is up by the truck taking care of the controls, and you try to keep the bike straight while pulling out... keep in mind it's 400lb+ on soft dirt on a sharp hill... not as easy as it may sound!
You make a valid point,
I would still be gutted watching my bike being dragged along. Still thank God for insurance.

Cheers

Nelly

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell me about it... Rob wasn`t there to watch it happening as he was on his way to the hospital, but I had to go through it myself when I crashed my first FZ... it got dragged for about 50 feet up the hill and you could hear things crack & squeak... it was painful... the bike ended up being totalled in my case... see pics of that old reminder below...

View attachment 8207

View attachment 8208

View attachment 8209

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just read this for the first time.... back from vacation.

Sorry to hear about this Rob! I hope you heal fast and ride again soon! I'm glad to hear you were able to report back to us! Take care!!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tell me about it... Rob wasn`t there to watch it happening as he was on his way to the hospital, but I had to go through it myself when I crashed my first FZ... it got dragged for about 50 feet up the hill and you could hear things crack & squeak... it was painful... the bike ended up being totalled in my case... see pics of that old reminder below...

View attachment 8207

View attachment 8208

View attachment 8209
You crash makes me feel ill mate,
Thank God you didn't go over a sheer drop.

Nelly