Big Bear - CRASH PICTURES!!!

Glad to hear that you came out as well as you did, although (from personal experience) I know that a separated shoulder is certainly no laughing matter.:eek:
Sorry to hear that your riding adventures are pretty much over for the rest of the year. Having been forced to park my own FZ6 since the middle of August due to my surgery, I can certainly understand how you must feel.
Get well soon! :)

David, I will have to say, everytime you go out riding, it's quite an adventure either for yourself, or for someone else. At least there were no tickets. I assume there were no citations issued.

The Curse continues..

Talked to rsw81 a while ago, he sounds fine and very introspective about this crash. A long uphill LH turn, radius straightens out and appears to be over, and then it quickly tightens up AND levels out within a few yards.
Gotta look through the turn every time..

This turn has a lot of debris from other bikes and cars so it's a bit of a trap. We saw several vehicles right on the limit line as we waited for CHP and towing to finish up, quite a moment to hear tires squealing and coming your way as you are standing on the side of the road!

The Curse continues..

Talked to rsw81 a while ago, he sounds fine and very introspective about this crash. A long uphill LH turn, radius straightens out and appears to be over, and then it quickly tightens up AND levels out within a few yards.
Gotta look through the turn every time..

This turn has a lot of debris from other bikes and cars so it's a bit of a trap. We saw several vehicles right on the limit line as we waited for CHP and towing to finish up, quite a moment to hear tires squealing and coming your way as you are standing on the side of the road!

Is this turn on the 38?

Wow, glad to hear you are ok (and I'm sure that's debatable, mentally and physically). When I saw the first picture, my stomach turned wondering how anyone could survive that with minimal injuries. That Fizzer sure looks done in.

Yes, about 1/8 mile east of Jenks Lake Rd E., where the road gets tight for a mile or so.

Thanks for confirming where that was, looks like we hit that point on the 38before you guys ran into trouble.

Glad to hear you are almost unscathed, considering it could have been much worse.

I was going to say the same as Vegas, I almost cried in the slide-show when the guy just dragged the bike up over those rocks.
As someone else said, "never a dull moment when Wavex is around"...lol

At least the bike doesn't look too bad, I'm sure we'll see a naked come out of the garage soon.. :thumbup:
Can I have your headlights...lol J/K

:)

That sux sorry to hear about it, its never fun going down like that, cant blame ya for wanting to get with it on them twisties tho, looks like lots of fun can be had there. Get well soon!

Wow, sorry to hear about your crash, but glad you weren't hurt more seriously. I saw the pictures of the bike and all those big rocks and thought to myself "he was very lucky". Could have been a lot worse.

Glad to hear that you're doing ok, Rob, and that your injuries aren't as bad as they could have been. Even though the shoulder problem is going to keep you off the bike for a while, I guess that it's good that you'll have the time to fix the bike up so that when you're healed it will hopefully be as good as new again.

Good luck and take care. :thumbup:

X

Rob, glad you're ok. You came out really well all things considered.

Congrats on getting the boards behind you as I'm sure you passed.

EDIT - props to Wavex for not fixating or running him over.

Be glad you didn't break any bones!

I've broken well over 20 in my history, so it wouldn't be anything new:spank:

Back