Big guys on FZ6's?

A

Aggietaco

My last concern before picking up an FZ6 is my size. I've posted about this in my other thread, but I'd like to get some more exposure.

Big guys riding FZ6's, how do they fit you? Any excess fatigue on longer rides?

I'm 6'3" and 250#, so I might be on the verge of the size limits for this smaller bike, but I'm hoping not.

I'm 6'2" and probably around 240 with all my gear on and I don't have any trouble even with a pillion. You'll definitely want to change your rear shock pre-load to 6 or 7 first thing. Mine's at 7 at the moment and I think I might move it back down to 6 for solo riding. It'll be back to 7 when my wife wants to come along tho.

Im 6 2 at 235 and i have NNOOOO problem at all with the FZ6. I have done 1000 miles in 2 days with no problems at all with comfort or power.

I'm 5' 9" with a large frame and weigh in at 235 and I get around just fine. I feel very comfortable on my 07 FZ6.

Im 6'1" 260 pounds, and I have no problems with the bike. I ride 2 up all the time as well and it performs flawlessly. I have installed bar risers and upgraded my fork springs to help with the suspension. I say go for it.

You know I changed my rear shock from the factory setting to 7 and really didn't notice a change in riding. Is there something I'm suppose to feel or notice?

I'd be more concerned with your height than the weight. Above 75 mph the wind off the screen might get annoying but im 6'2", on a good day, and all I have to do is tuck my chin slightly to get it to roll over my helmet.

Gotta be the tallest yet... 6' 7" :eek: ..had to get rid of my bandit 650 due to it being like a pitbike ..lol
i only test rode the FZ demonstrator at the shop for 5 mins..but it seemed to be ok..my legs still fit to the profile of the fuel tank tho if i "tuck in" my head will probably be facing over the front mudguard hehe..i pick my bike up this coming saturday .cant wait :rockon:

5/10 and 250 pound, ride a naked and do ride 2 up she is 150 pound, and have no problems apart from the way too uncomfortable seat, but there is enough threads on that topic.

OMG you guys are huge! I am barely 5'4\" Sorry irrelevant.

You're but a WEEEEEE little girl! ;) Deb, can you flat-foot the bike?

If not, I'd be curious to see you try my modded seat which I shaved a lot from!

Back