Bike some times turns of when pulling clutch

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

So i went on vacations on the mountains with some friends (still there). Anyway after i filled the bike (huge mistake cause i still had more than half the tank) the bike started to act strange. 3 times until now the bike has turned off after i pulled the clutch:eek:.Not a good feeling when you are on a downhill and a big turn is comming. Anyway any suggestions what the problem might be?? i am thinking it might be the gas. Ohh btw 5.0 lt/100KM damn thats a good economy ::p

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure your hot (operating temp) idle is set at about 1350 RPM's.

The adjuster is a star shaped screw, (phillips head) inbetween the tank and the frame recessed in some..

PLEASE post if this helps or your final fix.

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
My rpm is fine. when idle is around 1250rpm. This started after i filled the bike with gas

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
he did it was in his first post

No sir, he posted it "might be the gas" (premium/regular, low on gas, ?), he did not mention: "This started after i filled the bike with gas" until post #3..

I'm not nit picking but I don't want to play 20 questions either...

It does make a difference... With that additional information, as noted above, he likely got a bad batch of fuel during his fill up...

airoh69

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, filled up the bike again with the 100 octane and now it runs perfectly. It seems the gas was way old and got weaken. I could also feel that the bike was running out of juice when pushing it hard on high rpms. Anyway thanks for the replies. Ohh any seat that you recommend?? cause that stock seat really makes your butt hurt on long routes :p