Bike week Daytona! Who is going?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
It looks like I will be going to bike week in daytona beach florida for a few days. Would love to meet some more forum members in the area. Anyone else going to be around? I am leaving STL Sunday March 6 and will be in Daytona Beach the next afternoon. Plan on heading towards home on Thursday.

So who is local? AngelFZ I know you are.....

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using tapatalk.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going. Will leave TN on Wed the 9th and return on Sunday. You will miss me and all the racing. I stay in Palm Coast (30 mi north) that keeps me away from most of the Harley nonsense and it's a guick trip up & down I95 to the track or motel. Don't have to go to downtown.
You will miss Thur & Fri nite dirt track and all the road races. The racing is great at Daytona the main reason to go. I think.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am going. Will leave TN on Wed the 9th and return on Sunday. You will miss me and all the racing. I stay in Palm Coast (30 mi north) that keeps me away from most of the Harley nonsense and it's a guick trip up & down I95 to the track or motel. Don't have to go to downtown.
You will miss Thur & Fri nite dirt track and all the road races. The racing is great at Daytona the main reason to go. I think.
Agreed, I'd love to see the Daytona 200 but I am tagging along on someone else's reservation so I didn't set the dates.
I am just going to enjoy the riding and the sunshine... and the BEACH!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not 100% in, but I'm working on it :D
Definitely would like to meet up if I go.
I plan on signing up for demo rides with as many manufacturers as possible, so I can get good 3-4 hours of riding in every day :D

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like I will be going to bike week in daytona beach florida for a few days. Would love to meet some more forum members in the area. Anyone else going to be around? I am leaving STL Sunday March 6 and will be in Daytona Beach the next afternoon. Plan on heading towards home on Thursday.

So who is local? AngelFZ I know you are.....

Indeed I'm more "local" to the Daytona area than many of you since I'm about 1 hour south of it.

I'm planing on heading there for the weekend of the motorcycle show and the race. Most likely I won't be able to take any days during the week, but I can plan to go there after work on Monday.

It would be awesome to meet any of you guys over there.

We'll keep in touch,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I stay at the Best Western right off of I95 by Cracker Barrel. Don't have the exact imfo in front of Me. Let me know if you are going for sure. I'll buy you a beer Erci.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I stay at the Best Western right off of I95 by Cracker Barrel. Don't have the exact imfo in front of Me. Let me know if you are going for sure. I'll buy you a beer Erci.

I know where that is.. about 15 minutes from where I'll be staying. I'll definitely confirm here if I'm going.

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I got an out from the wife to go to the Daytona 200 on March 12 so I may be there either March 11th or morning of March 12th. I was planning on getting tickets to the grandstand/infield. The out is I may meet up with my Brother-law (wife's brother) so she feels like it's not a total waste of time. :BLAA:

Would like to meet up so just let me know. I'll send my cell number in PM.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be there some of the days. Since I'm only an hour ride or so from Jacksonville, I hadn't made solid plans. four three two 934 five four five 2. Leave a message if I don't answer. I always call back if you leave a message.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I am going to roll out around 7:30 CST tomorrow morning. I will have google latitude updating along the way if any of you want to follow me. Just add krid80@ gmail.com to your latitude friends and I will accept ya.

Be in Daytona Monday night.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just wanted to upload some pictures from yesterday.

I went with a couple of friends and the first stop was the J&P Cycles / destination Daytona. Very crowded.
Not where I wanted to start, but one of my friends wanted to go there for a helmet.
After this, his bike broke down, not that bad but we lost some time!!!!

Then we stopped to get something to eat and we we got to the Speedway are it was past 6pm!!!!!!!

I'm planning on heading there next weekend for the IMS (Saturday for sure, still not sure about Sunday).

Sorry but mostly all the pictures were taken using my phone, so not the best ones

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
After two 525 mile days of frigid riding I arrived in Daytona Beach around 5pm last night. Slept like a baby.

On the way down I detoured through Savannah because I had been there before back in high school and thought it was nice..... it still is.

ad859005-2088-a59c.jpg

ad859005-209c-2d31.jpg

Then on to Florida.

View from the room.

ad859005-20c8-1446.jpg

ad859005-20de-04bf.jpg

Unfortunately the same tire that took me to the Pacific has died taking me to the Atlantic.

7,500 miles of Interstate and not many twisties. :-(

ad859005-213d-3a69.jpg

So I will be hunting a tire deal while down here. That is, unless someone has a take off that is good enough to get me home :)

Last night walked about a mile to the nearest restaurant and had some dinner. The sunset was pretty.

ad859005-21a1-3d53.jpg

On the way back we met a celebrity and a childhood favorite of mine.... Ernie!

ad859005-21ff-772f.jpg

Would never have guessed he was a Sheen man.

This scooter was outside our hotel LOL.

ad859005-2252-1511.jpg

ad859005-2265-d57a.jpg

Alright guys got a full day planned. Going to the vendors at the speedway first then destination daytona.

Holler if you want to meet up.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
Might be leaving today to try and beat this storm that's coming. Anyway i will be there for thursday nite dirt track race. My cell is 240-5063 with a 203 area code. I will be at the speedway all day fri & sat

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
That is some hard riding!! Great pics, thanks for sharing. Wish I was headed over but I can only get away next Saturday after you guys have already headed back.

Enjoy your time in Daytona!!