Bittersweet....I sold my FZ6

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I just thought I would let you guys know that I sold my FZ6. The lady I sold it to is a very happy woman. Her husband bought it for her to learn on for her 60th birthday. At least I will still get to see it a couple times a year when we go play in Arkansas. I wanted a little bigger bike and my first brand new bike...My hubby bought me a new Honda Interceptor 800. I'm hoping it's ok if I hang out still. :D

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
silly girl! Of course it is....we would be sad if you didn't! :hug:

let us know what your thoughts are on the new ride as soon you get some time
I love it! It's a bit heavier, but handles very well. I'm also sitting more forward, but it's still comfortable. I took it to Arkansas memorial day weekend and came back without chicken strips. :) My hubby has a matching one and he likes his too. He has had several VFRs in the past though.
Mine is the white one.
08ee38bce9ebd212a3cdb36e47fd6d67.jpg

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went from a 2008 FZ6 to a 2007 VFR. It's been 6 years and no regrets...FZ6 was a really good bike, but the VFR is more refined

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
VFR, very smooth bike. I had a great experience riding Monica's husband's VFR while he rode my Multi as we ripped around the Sierras.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I've put 2200 miles on the VFR now. Biggest gripe..... hydraulic clutch. It's way to stiff, kills my hand, especially if I'm caught in stop and go traffic. I miss my FZ6. :-/

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I've put 2200 miles on the VFR now. Biggest gripe..... hydraulic clutch. It's way to stiff, kills my hand, especially if I'm caught in stop and go traffic. I miss my FZ6. :-/
Lisa,
That's very surprising. I never liked my clutch cable on the FZ6. My SV1000s has the hydraulic clutch and it's easy and smooth. I wonder is an adjustment is in order for your hand size and the grip range of the lever?

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm trading in my VFR for a FZ1. :) so excited! Looks like the FZ6 just more power. Definitely more comfortable riding position and lighter than the VFR, and no hydraulic clutch. :)

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Lisa,
That's very surprising. I never liked my clutch cable on the FZ6. My SV1000s has the hydraulic clutch and it's easy and smooth. I wonder is an adjustment is in order for your hand size and the grip range of the lever?
We put Pazzo levers on it, it helped a little. I hear it's a pita to adjust and you run a good chance of screwing it up. I've been working on my strength, but it's still tough in traffic. I work in physical therapy and do a lot of massage so my hands are already pretty strong.
Lisa,

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
I love it! It's a bit heavier, but handles very well. I'm also sitting more forward, but it's still comfortable. I took it to Arkansas memorial day weekend and came back without chicken strips. :) My hubby has a matching one and he likes his too. He has had several VFRs in the past though.
Mine is the white one.
08ee38bce9ebd212a3cdb36e47fd6d67.jpg

Oh your white one is very pretty! I'm glad you like it. My hubby has had 3 of them now. I'm sure he will have more in the future. He let me ride it once.... It is smooth and very narrow. I tried it out when I was looking to change from my FZ6. I ended up with a Sprint ST. I love it.
[MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION] thanks for letting Rich ride your Multi. It's always fun ripping through the Sierras. Not this weekend though. Darn weather :spank:

Oh, and I've been very welcomed at this forum even though I sold my FZ6. Great group of folks here. I tried the Triumph forums...not so friendly.

My hubby gets on the VFR forum. vfrdiscussion.com if you and/or hubby are interested. But don't leave this forum because you changed bikes.