Brainstorming Time! What to do with the tail?

UpInTheAir89

Reaction score
Visit site
The build thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/56744-journey-so-far-lessons-learned.html

Here's where I'm at.
IMG_20160510_183604.jpg

The ideas I've had so far have been to:

A) Trim down the existing tail something like this:
IMG_20160510_183604(2).jpg

or

B) Find a different tail to put on there.
Now that I have no undertail exhaust, any ideas on which might be structurally closest?
I saw a thread mention that the FZ6R tail might be compatible, but the discussion seemed to end after the idea of the undertail exhaust was brought up.
Now that I have no undertail, anyone have any ideas if it would work? If not, any other bikes? I've seend the R1 tail info; however, there are only random pictures around of them that haven't 404'd. The main complaint with them was it was too aggressive compared to the aesthetic lines of the front.
Since I've R6 fork'd the front, and using the FZ1 drag bars, I'm thinking my lines could compliment that tail. The downside is I believe it was intended with a mono-undertail exhaust in mind. What about the R6 tail end?

Spitball ideas or advice at me! (As long as the advice isn't: "too much work; go back to stock"... we can't stop here; this is bat country!)
47_26_11_06_10_37_32.jpg

I don't mind a little bit of finagling here, but I'll cut it at building a tail from scratch.

Last edited: