Brake pads; organic or sinter

Gorup

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I'm wondering if sinter brake pads is the right choise for me.
Since they contain an amount of metal, they will be able to brake more effeciently, especially when it rains (I gather), but will also wear the disks faster.
But do I need them?
Anyone having any experience going from organic to sinter?
Will it be a good idea to stay on organic on the rear, or?

all input is welcome

cheers
Gorup

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I am running the Double H's on my rears right now. I have about 1000 miles on them so far and have not noticed any disk wear as of yet.

EBC Brakes - Home of the worlds largest range of brake products - Street Bike Product Selector

I would suggest the double H's just because the material works well with all ranges of heat. Low to High.

The disk damage might be more by using the HH over the Organics. However I would rather replace a disk than replace parts and regrow skin due to an emergency stop with cold brakes.

I did about 400 miles in the mountains on sunday. I never had any fade or any other problems out of the rear. I had great feel in the pedal since I changed the brake fluid and cleaned the lines.

I wouldnt suggest the carbon brakes, just because you will go through them pretty fast, as the material is pretty soft.

-bryan

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
:Im With Stupid:

I by no means am a brake expert. I too have used EBC pads and I'm happy with their performance.

Also, with the sintered pads you'll run the risk of tearing up the rotors... but..... EBC PN MD 2082x (front end rear)

What is that part number, Bill?

I am by no means an expert either... lol.

-bryan

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
I also use EBC sintered pads, I think the braking is much improved. I also put them on my wife's suzuki LS650, that made a really big difference (no fade and solid hold). I haven't noticed any wear on the rotors either.:thumbup:

Just my $0.02:rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey i am doing my front end next week, supension, and brakes. Have ordered some Ferodo Sintergrip road brake pads...has anyone had any experience using thses pads...have ordered them upon a solid recommendation, was just what other people thought of them?

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These are what I use. Stops fast, minimal rotor wear as I can tell, sometimes squeeky though. Doesnt bother me.
Galfer Sintered Ceramc Pads Front - Brakes Online at MotoSport

I haven't changed my brake pads yet, but on my car I've installed the ceramic compound pads. I love them and would probably do so on my FZ6 too. They have some metallic content. I'd rather stop quickly and replace a rotor occasionally than have second rate braking.