Bris Fizz

Oil's all changed and she's all polished up ready for a good day tomorrow :thumbup:..... Change oil brand today aswell , was running Amsoil but my mate at Yamaha put me onto Motul 7100 , use's it in his R6 and swears by it , told me it would sweeten my g/box up aswell..... So far i agree , the gearbox has never been so smooth and sweet..... No more agricultural "clunk" :D

I'm doing that today, Wolf's mate Gary told me about Motul, he uses the 5100, so I got that the other day, gunna get off my lazy butt and do that, filter and plugs this morning.

I went looking for Shell VSX, but found the Motul - 5100 first. Got discount again from Maxi's, and they threw the filter in for free.

:)

Well, did everyone sleep in this morning??? Humps and I were there, eagerly awaiting fellow participants. I think everyone else was either under the thumb :spank: ....or forget to do the flowers thing :(

Moogerah Dam was the first destination via the scenic Ipswich-Boonah Rd. Yep, the dam is filling and we both marveled at how high the water level was over the spillway during the 74 floods. :eek:

Across to Beaudesert we head, be great to do sections of that run at speed. Bloody sunday drivers.... Up into Canugara and pass all the parked bikes with riders filling the local eateries. A circuit around Mt Tamborine past the local sunday markets and shopping strip (mental note: do not mention shops to wife) with a photo shoot at the lookout :thumbup: and down the hill to fill our bellies with a famous Yatala pie. :D

North up the M1, past the free camera shoot and across towards the coast line for the 'Scenic Tourist Route' of the Brisbane eastern suburbs. Yep, plenty of houses to look at.....:rolleyes:

Turning left back towards the city for a Humps secret view :cool: of the city at Camp Hill. Deep breath, and take in the view. A shake of the hands ends the days proceedings and we both depart and head home.

Another great days ride fro Brizz Fizz.....

Well, did everyone sleep in this morning??? Humps and I were there, eagerly awaiting fellow participants. I think everyone else was either under the thumb ....or forget to do the flowers thing :(

Moogerah Dam was the first destination via the scenic Ipswich-Boonah Rd. Yep, the dam is filling and we both marveled at how high the water level was over the spillway during the 74 floods. :eek:

Across to Beaudesert we head, be great to do sections of that run at speed. Bloody sunday drivers.... Up into Canugara and pass all the parked bikes with riders filling the local eateries. A circuit around Mt Tamborine past the local sunday markets and shopping strip (mental note: do not mention shops to wife) with a photo shoot at the lookout :thumbup: and down the hill to fill our bellies with a famous Yatala pie.

North up the M1, past the free camera shoot and across towards the coast line for the 'Scenic Tourist Route' of the Brisbane eastern suburbs. Yep, plenty of houses to look at.....

Turning left back towards the city for a Humps secret view :cool: of the city at Camp Hill. Deep breath, and take in the view. A shake of the hands ends the days proceedings and we both depart and head home.

Another great days ride fro Brizz Fizz.....

Well thats a wrap on another Bris Fizz adventure , even if we did only fly as a pair and not a flock we had a great day :thumbup:.... We even sighted another silver Fizz heading up the hill as we came down :D....Was a day of "flamin' sunday drivers" , to much traffic to have a real good crack at some prime twisties which was a shame but i still enjoyed the company :thumbup: (thanks Paul)..... Note to Anna Bligh (QLD premier) , your "tourist" drive of the bayside suburbs is a loooong road to nowhere :spank: :( , the round-a-bouts (lots of them and i mean lots) make for good interim twistie's though :D.....

Hi everyone. Been a while since i have been on due to a injury. Would have loved to come out for a ride today with you all. It seemed to be a lovely day. dusted my bike off to day and will be out and about again. I have posted some pics of my bike. Its nothing fancy just replaced the Handle bars with FZ1's. Looking forward to putting some pipes on it and a FE. first of all got to get a new rear tyre. Can anyone suggest a good place in Brisbane? and would you recommend going up to a 190 rear?

Hi everyone. Been a while since i have been on due to a injury. Would have loved to come out for a ride today with you all. It seemed to be a lovely day. dusted my bike off to day and will be out and about again. I have posted some pics of my bike. Its nothing fancy just replaced the Handle bars with FZ1's. Looking forward to putting some pipes on it and a FE. first of all got to get a new rear tyre. Can anyone suggest a good place in Brisbane? and would you recommend going up to a 190 rear?

I have a 190/55 Pilot Power 2ct on the rear of my FZ6, gives you a bigger contact patch on the road.

Was told by a lot of people it would turn my bike into an evil handling bike....dont believe em!

I got it cause of it's higher profile, and wanted more height at the rear of the bike, as there is no other way to increase ride height, without buying a mega expensive shock..i say go for it.

Nice bike by the way....

Humps will be happy to see another Brisbanite in here.

:thumbup:

Thanks guys for the story and pics:thumbup:. I remember going up to Tambourine Mountain once.......beautiful place. And Moogerah dam. I remember looking at those same water level marks in 1978:eek:. Gawd I'm old:(

Cheers
Mike

Thanks guys for the story and pics:thumbup:. I remember going up to Tambourine Mountain once.......beautiful place. And Moogerah dam. I remember looking at those same water level marks in 1978:eek:. Gawd I'm old:(

Cheers
Mike

Your not the only one...combined age of our gathering tonight, was about 200 years old!

:eek:

Nice looking bike :thumbup: , hopefully we can catch up with you next time:D.... As for the tyres in Brissy , Mad Mick's at Goodna is the only place to go , best price , best job and one hell of a nice bloke :D... Dont be in a rush though he looooves a chat.....Or you could go to Two Wheels at Blacksoil (on the warrego hwy)........that would be the 2nd best place...

I agree with Hump. But if it is not close to you and you are time poor, Team Moto Yamaha at Enoggera replaced my front and rear last year and just plugged a nail hole in my rear tyre yesterday.

See Humps, here they come...get on it boys, and post lots of piccies!

:thumbup:

:D:thumbup::cheer::rockon::Flash:

You took the words right outa my mouth....and changed them slightly, so that I would've said something different but similar:confused:.

Must've been an easy way of saying that...LMAO

Cheers
Mike

:D:thumbup::cheer::rockon::Flash:

You took the words right outa my mouth....and changed them slightly, so that I would've said something different but similar:confused:.

Must've been an easy way of saying that...LMAO

Cheers
Mike

Yeah....+1 on that! :Flip:

Back