Buying Overseas

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone this is my first thread so I hope it's not in the wrong area. I've been on forum sites for years, just new to this one.

I have a 2005 FZ6 all stock. I'm looking to get an exhaust slip on for it but unsure which route to go. I live in Massachusetts so right now the bike is in hibernation until March [emoji22].

I have looked for a while now and with my tax money I'll be picking up a new system soon. I was looking at the Deklevic because they are made here in the States, but I've seen a bad post about them splitting on the seam. I also have my eyes on the Dominator Oval system as well. This is where my question comes in. I've never bought anything so expensive from outside of the US. The seller has 98% rating on Ebay and has many sales, but I'm afraid if I drop $500 I may never see the exhaust. Also how can I tell if mine is the S1 or S2?

Has anyone had any bad experiences buying overseas? Have the packages made it in one piece? Sorry I've got a lot of questions any response is appreciated!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
I should add that I did some research and I now know mine is an S1. I also read somewhere that S2 has a different length pipe under the seat and the pipes won't work from an S1. If I bought pipes for an S2 would they still work on mine? The listing claims 2004-2010.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're not picky about the brand, exhausts are one of the most popular items sold on this forum. Be patient, log in once or twice a day and you should find one between $300-$400. Most likely from a seller located here in the states. The cost of overseas shipping will just drive up the cost of your exhaust.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought my givi engine guards from canada and the box came ripped in half but all the parts were taped together. i guess they were looking for explosives or drugs lol

second: i bought supermoto boots from the netherlands off ebay and they forget to mention that you have to pay a tax on imported goods which was 10% of the cost of the boots. A fedex employee called me and i had to fill out a clearance form that described the boots material and cost ( she didnt mention anything about the tax either until i got a bill in the mail):confused:

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re an S1 or S2, generally, ifits an 2004 thru 2006, its an S1. 2007-2009, its an S2. (Some countries can the year as when IT WAS SOLD-NOT the US)

Another easy way is the S2, rear pillion pillion peg assemblies UN-BOLT from the rear sub-frame:

The dash gauges for the S2 are also different (ignore the GPS):

The mid pipe IS a different length between the S1 and the S2.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Screw the exhaust, spend that $500 on a couple track days at the new Palmer Motorsports track. :rockon:
Actually, the Thompson track is right next door to you, too, but I like Palmer a lot more
Motorcycle Track Days in New England for more info.
Never even thought of doing a track day haha. Definitely a possibility now that you put it in my head.

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Re an S1 or S2, generally, ifits an 2004 thru 2006, its an S1. 2007-2009, its an S2. (Some countries can the year as when IT WAS SOLD-NOT the US)

Another easy way is the S2, rear pillion pillion peg assemblies UN-BOLT from the rear sub-frame:

The dash gauges for the S2 are also different (ignore the GPS):

The mid pipe IS a different length between the S1 and the S2.
I was aware of the years after a bit of searching I was curious if it would fit but with the mid pipe length being longer I believe on the S2 or maybe I'm wrong. That one of the systems wouldn't match up correctly. I might have to wait it out and get something US bound because I'm afraid of the package being lost or ruined in the way over.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Read this thread, post #25 specifically: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-performance-mods-section/55765-not-sure-what-exhaust-get-3.html That should answer most of your questions...

Most pipes, IF NOT using a DB killer are pretty loud. Pulling the CAT too tends to make them too loud for the rider and usually gets the engine into loping, not running as smooth, etc.

I have open Scorps on mine (with all the CATS). IMO, I wouldn't want it any louder. Bike idles dead smooth, no de-cel back firing. It does get considerably louder above 8,000 RPM. Very happy with them, no re-packing either-EVER...